4th Annual Venice Beach Fossil Hunting & Birthday BASH! (6/24/06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My family also had a great time! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone. I will post some pictures as soon as I get a chance, we are still in Venice and diving every day

What a great day!!!:D We really enjoyed seeing all our old friends and meeting some new ones too. I also thought it was great seeing the kids diving!!!
Thank you to all who pitched in with food, drinks, shade and the extra grill. Thats what's great about the generous conchs. We are rarely lacking anything.
A great big thank you to to those of you that helped me break down and cart the supplies to the van during the storm. :sappy:
Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Oh and where the hell were the cherries???:cwmddd:

Roxanne

Sorry it took so long to post... Busy day at the office yesterday. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks, too, to everyone who came out, brought stuff, helped keep eyes on the kids, and all around made it another fabulous Conch Day.

Like Colin mentioned, it was so cool to watch parents and kids teaming up as dive buddies. And I was extremely excited to see my mom tooling around in my gear to see if she would catch the dive bug again. I think she did! I'm pretty excited about that as she is the reason I got certified so many years ago. I would love the opportunity to dive with her again.

I also loved meeting the Ohio-ans!! We will definitely be in touch when we're ready to set up an agate dive out of Copper Harbor. I think my uncle who lives up there would be interested in joining as well. Maybe next summer??

Love and hugs to all!

Kris

A great big sign...
EAT ME! is what it will say and it will be fastened to the cherries.

I was really concentrating on Kate as she was a little under the weather, but I told at least two people to broadcast that there were additional liters of soda and rum-soaked maraschino (sp?) cherries in the big silver cooler by the tables. I didn't want to put them out on the table because we had so many children.
I guess that will be my responsibility for the next get together.

Thanks to Roxanne, Dennis, and Brian - they really carried the bulk of the work with the shelters, tables, the grill, and the boat. It sure seemed like Roxanne in particular got stuck with a lot more work than play.

Kate had a great first/second shore dive: found a couple of nice teeth and a whale vertebrae, and saw some comical creatures (we saw a little puffer about 3" long and I put my hand on a small skate - startled the crap out of both of us). I was really impressed with her attitude underwater - very respectful of the wildlife and a great dive-buddy considering the limited vis conditions! Thanks to all for being so positive to her - it really made her a lot more comfortable in a new situation. I just need to get her a scubaboard handle now!

My only regret is that we didn't get to socialize as much as we wanted to.

ROXANNE:
Oh and where the hell were the cherries???:cwmddd:
Roxanne

Between the spam surprise at Peace River and now the cherries, I fear I am getting a rep...

Jan Brady has her imaginary boyfriend and I bring imaginary food.
'No really, it was a whole seafood buffet, with sushi, in the white cooler on the end - I didn't set it out 'cause I didn't want it to spoil!'

:rofl: Steve, ya slay me dude! Sounds like we need to wrastle ya down here for a dive off the 'Baite with us and those cherries need to come to :)

BTW - if you want to know where your daughter gets this wildlife respect and poise, look in the mirror. :wink:

What an enjoyable Saturday. Conchs 'r good food, good company and good crew.

It was also a special day for me because I spent 3 hours solo @ 18ft; a successful, routine first dive from my kayak. The sea did eat my new dive flag at some point. Rats. About 60 teeth, none above 2 inches. All in all, a relaxing and memorable dive, much like my last one. Twenty years ago, last week.

Thanks again to the volunteers and hosts. We look forward to seeing everyone again throughout the year, and years to come. Hey, I'm here all the time. If you don't get down here, I'm going to get your teeth :icon4:

I was wondering who's yak that was.

Well I was going to attach a couple of pictures but have exceeded my attachment limit, now I have to figure out how to delete the old attachments....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom