4th Annual Venice Beach Fossil Hunting & Birthday BASH! (6/24/06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the gear is rinsed, dry and packed. I'm not sure that we are ready for our 5:00am departure...

GReat day! Too bad we had to cut it short. I hope the diving continued to be great.

LEt me know when you all end up in the cleveland area, we can go on a shark's tooth dive!

pc

Thanks Cardzard for organizing the party!!! You did awesome!
Was good meeting all the new friends and seeing and hanging out with all my buddies! I had a couple awesome dives along with a fun boat ride. (whoo Hoo!!!)
The second dive was very interesting as the storm approached and past as we were still under the sea, and except for the darkness and the vis dropping quite quickly, did not know it was so bad topside.
Thanks everybody for making it so much fun and the weather gods did smile upon us! We ought to do this again next year. :D

Thanks to I didn't get too much of a chance to socialize as I was focusing on my new dive partner, but we had a great time. You all really helped put Kate at ease - I appreciate that.

Jenny - you didn't even touch the rum-soaked cherries!

Where were you hiding them???????

I got a couple really nice I think tiger shark teeth. Very good condition. Looking forward to seeing yours!

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who organized this and worked to get everything set up (and taken down).

The junior Fool got a proper roasting. I got a really nice conch shell.

What a great day, great company, great diving, great food, and well.. great experience all the way around!! Words cannot express how nice it is to have such great friends and dive buddies/family as we shared time with this weekend. I'm happy to break bread and chatted with the new and familiar faces alike, without all of you this annual gathering would be.. well, a few of us diving and the kids kind of bored waiting for us to return!

Dennis & Roxanne - Thank you ever so much for taking point on the Annual Venice Birthday Bash this year! The burgers were excellent!

BTW - Thank you to everyone who brought food... I sampled a little of everything that was there and found myself feeling a bit like a manatee on the second dive.

Steve - rum cherries? You know Carlos, my ever present alter ego avatar, is all about RUM, much less cherries infused with such beverage!

Brian - Special thanks to you this year for not just toting up the giant shelter but for toting his boat up and making it available to go offshore as well. Maybe next year the seas will be a little more cooperative.

Something that my wife mentioned (and I know she'll post about this at some point) is how much she enjoyed seeing the parents diving with their children. Steve and his daughter, Chris and his son, Al and his daughter. This is what I had envisioned when I started creating SB events for folks to attend! 100% family friendly that everyone who attended could enjoy.

OK.. I'm scatter brained all over the place here... sort of a time crunch so I'll wrap this up.

Thank you to everyone who showed up!

Thanks Roxanne and Cardzard for organizing a great party, grilling burgers, etc. Roxanne, a special thanks to you for getting all my stuff off the beach during the storm. It would have been scattered everywhere.

Thanks to everyone else for a good time. Food was great, but next time put a sign on the cherries!

What a great day! Thanks to Roxanne and Cardzard for all the hard work and gread burgers and dogs. It turned out to be a great day for diving - found my best meg yet :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom