2nd Annual Conch Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz! April 1, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could make it, it was a lot of fun last year. I'm heading off to Long Island that weekend for the Grucci fireworks course and to pick up a tuna tower.

We'll miss ya Dennis! Have a great time
I saw a part of you in one of those pics.
I also saw BaitedStorm, Simon, Hermit Crab, Colin and a few others!

Just a note regarding this - I was in the water in central FL today and found that it was WARMER than last years fossiling trip! It should be in the 70's for our expedition this year.

Hmmmm, wonder if we should whip out some of these for saturday night ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2362369

The ballpark sandwich will include a hamburger topped with sharp cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon -- all between a "bun" made of a sliced Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut.

If you can find a (loop)hole in your cardiologist's advice, calorie counters predict the monster will set you back about 1,000 calories and 45 grams of fat.

Major league *URP*!!!

WOW! Next week at this time I will be heading to Arcadia!! Whoo Hoo!
ONe thing that has not been mentioned is food. I am thinking pot luck on Friday night and Tacos n stuff on Saturday. Anybody agree? Everybody bring something. We can have quite the feast.
Also, KBulla has intermintent internet access and has asked me to remind ya'll that have not sent in fossililng $$ to please do so ASAP!!!

We agree on Friday is everyone for themselves. For the "TRADITIONAL Saturday Conch Festival FEAST" Roxanne is Making a big bowl of potatoes salad and we will be bringing extra hamburgers,hot dogs and bratwursts with buns. Now as for the " before sunrise breakfast" LOL yeah right. We will also be bringing extra eggs and bacon.
The big question I need answered is anyone brining a grill and what size ?
We will also be bringing a duffel bag to haul all of our fossil finds back home.:D

Grill?!? I thought you were hardcore camping cardzard.

WE will be cooking snared game over the fire kindled with flint, on a grid of greenwood sticks woven into a lattice. If it is raining we do rabbit jerky (mind the bones) and hardtack.:D

Actually, we do have:
- grill grid for the fire (about 2 sq ft)
- a little fold out wood burning grill (1.25 sq ft)
- a single propane burner
- half truckload of seasoned wood

It is not much help but we normally camp for two or three. Whoever shows up first, try to locate camp proximate to a fire ring.

I agree Saturday is better - We may not show up until the evening on Friday. I'll cook cabbage/meat/potatoes and chicken/rice. Probably enough for 8-10 portions. I've never been much good at dessert while camping though.

Don't know what the temps will be like, but I will bring hot chocolate and marshmallows also.

Ok. Sounds like a plan! Of course, I am bringing the s'mores stuff, and probably cookies. Will bring eggs and bacon also. I can bring a cast iron skillet or two also, and will be bringing some fruit. Anybody bringing a coffee pot? How about lunch on Saturday? Sandwiches?

Hey, I made it on line! woo-hoo!

So, if anybody has any questions for me regarding money or anything else for this trip, give me a call on my cell phone (239) 728-4415. I cannot guarantee when I will be on-line again to check this thread. Brian, when are you heading out on Friday?? We have to get there early to scout out a good spot again!

Also, to make things much, much easier on all of us AND Peace River Campground, please let them know you are with Florida Conch Divers when you stop at the front to sign in/register. The game plan is for all of us to pay together in one lump sum. To those of you who have sent me checks, I will be cashing those this week, so make sure you update your check registers. To those of you still needing to pay for camping, please be sure to bring $8 per person per night in exact change so it can easily be added to the pot. Children 3 and younger are free. (Next year Xavier's paying his own way!)

To those of you who don't know or don't remember, the campground offers cooked breakfast for $3 - $4 per person. Just a thought...

Love, Kris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom