2nd Annual Conch Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz! April 1, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Do we have to camp? I have an event on Sunday, but would love to come out Saturday if possible.

Of course you don't have to camp Pete but you will miss a great party. I'm sure you could meet us in the morning where we are going to meet Mark. Last year we met him the Hardees in Arcadia and proceeded to the dig site. Call Colin and I'm sure you can work something out. I would be great if you can make it and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.

Cool Pete! Would love to see ya there.. Bring the banner!!!

This is really exciting - we can't wait!
Around what time and where are we meeting Mark Renz on Saturday? I've heard a couple of mentions of the Hardees in Arcadia - can we make that The Place?

I will be showing up early on Friday to pitch camp, but I have to return home for my daughter's wrestling match at 5:00. Our group will get to camp around 10:00 PM Friday night.

My daughters boyfriend and parents wanted to come along and were wondering about details for paying last minute. If they make it, there will be three of them, probably camping. I pointed them to the thread and they will have Kristie's cell phone number. I will have them call her to make the reservations for Mark.

We'll be heading in mid afternoon, set-up, reeelax, kayak a bit if there is enough water.
River is running under 2 ft deep. Good for fossiling.
Gonna bring some frozen peeps for fire roastin experimentation,
all in the name of Peep research.

thedaddy:
My daughters boyfriend and parents wanted to come along and were wondering about details for paying last minute. If they make it, there will be three of them, probably camping. I pointed them to the thread and they will have Kristie's cell phone number. I will have them call her to make the reservations for Mark.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME
We will work out the details which is something us Conch's are very good at.
I'm not exactly sure where we are meeting Mark this year but I'm sure we will hear from Colin,Kris or Jenny about those details soon. Looks like the scuba gods are gonna smile on us with great weather. I have to work Friday so it looks like we will arrive around 5 PM.

Current forecast:
NOAA:
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. Southeast wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 85. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 61.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 85.
Should be nice, will keep an eye on it though in case rain does finally decide to show its face in FL!

We are some of the folks who have yet to pay, so i am thinking cash up for the camping and such, and a check for Mark - i think this is how i would have done it last year, but we had the paypal thing going then too. Not sure if we are coming down friday evening yet, or indeed what time - will talk about it soon and see what the options are.

I spoke with Kris today. She asked that I point everybody to http://www.peacerivercampground.com/ for directions to the campground.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!! When you sign in at Peace River, Make sure you tell them you are with the Florida Conch Divers. We will be paying in one lump sum so we can get the discount.

She was planning on talking to Mark today, and as well as last years meeting at Burger King worked, we may do the same thing. But that is not written in stone yet.
I have the fixins' for s'mores, planning on brekky at the mess hall, and probably tacos or some variation thereof for dinner.

Hokey smokes folks, I've been outa the loop for a while... long story that maybe I'll tell over a campfire story time or Kris... I may drive our new home up there to, it needs some work, looks sorta hippyish, but hey, its a roof and place to sleep!

A little heads up, with all the work I need to do on our new home plus moving out of our other one, I may only be up in Arcadia a short bit.. or I may stay the night!

Can't wait to see everyone!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom