2nd Annual Conch Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz! April 1, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, All!

Here's the scoop on paying for camping if you have not already sent me a check...

Register at the front office, let them know you are with FL Conch Divers, and do NOT pay them. Come find me at the campsite and pay me Friday night. Please do your best to have exact change in case I don't have any small bills. I'd hate to be attacked with a bunch of $20s and not be able to break them. Again, it's $8 per person per night.

Also be sure to let me know if you're planning on eating their breakfast Sat or Sun so I can give them a head count. As I recall, it was pretty tasty and not bad for $3 or $4.

I emailed Mark Renz about when and where to meet Saturday morning, so I will get that information dispersed as soon as I know.

Thanks, everyone!! I'm getting so excited!!

Love, Kris

Ok Gang! Here we go! This is the headcount according to the thread, and who is bringing what for food

CBulla, KBulla, 2 kids ages 3, 1
Cardzard + Roxanne, no kids, Potato Salad, and extra hamburgers, hotdogs, bratwurst, beer.
SFL Diver, girlfriend??, C C Sugar Bombs, maybe apple crisp and peach cobbler.
Simbrooks + Christina, Chips, soda, plates, cutelery, cups
Scuba_Jenny and Hermit Crab, age 10. S'mores fixins, cookies, Oreos, rum tote, taco fixins.
The Daddy, 2 kids, 9 and 13, + 3 more (no fossiling) firewood, pot luck dinner, marshmallow guns for kids.
Cudachaser +1 ???
Sharkebaite
NetDoc, ScubaBoard Banner.
Marvel, cheese

Drop the bacon and eggs easier to buy at campsite plus more room for my beer.:wink:
Roxanne is packing as I type and she said we are bringing coffee pot & Coffee also.
Is it Friday yet ?

Scuba_Jenny:
SFL Diver, girlfriend??, C C Sugar Bombs, maybe apple crisp and peach cobbler.

Goilyfriend = Mardie
CC Sugar bombs ..... will be making the rare orange-walnut-white-chocolate sugar bombs. Muy tastee.
Nein Applein Crispen. Nicht. We will play it by ear as to what we are short on for saturday and run to the local Publix / Winn Dixie / Food King / Bubbas Gas n Go for whatever we may need to contribute.
My cell .... 561-789-2989

Oh yeah ... put us both down for breakfast sat + sun.

Do we have an address? It looks like I can spend Friday night with you guys. :D

BTW, isn't Weeki Wachee just a hop skip and a jump north of this? We can do it Sunday to rinse all that river water out of our suits!

NetDoc:
Do we have an address? It looks like I can spend Friday night with you guys. :D
Peace River Campground: 2998 NW Highway 70 Arcadia, FL 34266 - or check out http://www.peacerivercampground.com/
Rough directions suggested with mapquest are:
from the south (Ft Myers) go to up to Arcadia on SR-17 and head west on SR70;
from the north (Orlando etc) go down SR-17 from Bartow to Arcadia and out west on SR-70;
from the central east either go to Orlando and head down I-4 from there or take SR-70 at Ft Pierce or head in through Okeechobee and then along SR-70 - unless you are really far south (Miami) and then they suggest taking Alligator Alley and up I-75 to Ft Myers;
from the west/northwest (Tampa etc) just use I-75 to Bradenton, then east on SR-70.

Once you get on SR-70 the PRC is easy to spot on the north side of the road about 2 miles west of Arcadia.

Netdoc:
BTW, isn't Weeki Wachee just a hop skip and a jump north of this? We can do it Sunday to rinse all that river water out of our suits!
Not at all. Cardzard and Roxanne will be coming down from there and i'll bet it will take them around 2.5 hours. Its near to Ft Myers, not north of Tampa :wink:

THE Fireman:
unless you are really far south (Miami) and then they suggest taking Alligator Alley and up I-75 to Ft Myers
I am taking the back roads, north on 27 then west on 70. Six in one, half doz in another on which route is faster.

Looks like Christina might have gotten out of work friday night, so we should be leaving here around 4-4.30, hope to be there around 7pm, hopefully all the spots wont be taken at that point :wink:

Is there anything required but what i put above, beer/booze, tent, wetsuits/booties, some cash and a check for Mark? I was also going to bring a few large cans of beans if we want that.

What fixin's have you got accounted for on saturday night with the mexican stuff? Do we need rice, veg to go with it, meat, salad, sauces?

Just bring whatever you want! I am bringing some chips and salsa, and some non meat filling.
Marvel (yeah, she is coming!) will be bringing cheese.

Scuba_Jenny:
Just bring whatever you want! I am bringing some chips and salsa, and some non meat filling.
I am doing "the shop" tonight, so just wanted to check up - will do.
S'more's lady:
Marvel (yeah, she is coming!) will be bringing cheese.
Camping???? :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom