2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's good. The teacher is VERY good, very energetic and keeps the class interesting. I enjoy the sort of accountability with showing up to a small class where the teacher knows you by name. I just wish it were outside. :) Still want to get a trainer, but the budget says 'no' right now. :(

I'm not sure I use mine enough to justify it, so if I had easy access to a Spin class, I'd probably do that instead. I just have too much other equipment in the basement that I normally use... and the rower is a better overall body warmup for all else I do. Guess the only reason I got mine was so that my butt would still remember the saddle when warm weather comes, but I'm certainly not improving my cycling this winter.

I'm not sure I use mine enough to justify it, so if I had easy access to a Spin class, I'd probably do that instead.

Good to know WB. Thanks! I am still debating it, although the car broke down last night, so it really won't happen, despite my internal debates! :) Cycling class it is for the meantime!

Wednesday 01/06/10 - Despite having my car break down and needing to wait with the hubby by the side of the road until nearly 9:00 p.m. last night, I managed to get up and go for a 30 minute run/jog this morning. I felt really great the 1st 20 minutes, but the last 10 seemed to really take their toll on me. Unsure what that was about. Walk included a 20 minute warmup and walk to my best friend's house, and a 5 minute cool down. Tomorrow - cycling class again!

Uh Oh... it's a bit too early in the year for this to turn into the Sarita and WB thread.... where'd everyone go?

Wednesday:
2K Row, 8:50, a PR by 13 seconds (Previous 9:03).

I was going to do a 2K at a 10 minute pace as a "warmup", but started feeling spunky about 1/2 through, so I dug a little deeper. Didn't get anaerobic until the final 150 meters. I'd tried unsuccessfully a few weeks ago to get a PR on the 2K, but had in fact done worse (9:07), so I was pleased with how I felt/did tonight.

Was going to do 1/2 Renegade KB Rows and KB Windmills, but the 2K row was enough so I called it a night.

Hours bike ride yesterday and no snacking!
That's a good day for me.

Tropical rain storm today so not much doing... reading up on buoyancy and streamlining instead.

Did my 55 minute treadmill routine yesterday, but could really feel it in my thighs (hurting) the rest of the day. :( Decided to take today off since obviously 2 weeks of diving instead of the treadmill used FAR different muscles! I'll be back on the treadmill tomorrow though. :)

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :D :D

Glad there are still others out there. WB and I get lonely in here without others helping to keep us motivated! :)

Thursday 01/07/09 - Cycling Class - Endurance Day. Great. My legs were already a little tired. Can't wait to see how they respond to Endurance Day class. HAHAHA! Should be okay....I hope! 60 minutes of rolling hills and steep inclines with no recovery segments. Gotta love it. It was a great, sweaty class. Happy Thursday all. Almost to FRIDAY!!

Tomorrow, hopefully, will consist of swimming laps in the morning. In the evening, some weight work and then a 30 minute run. I am hopeful that I can bring myself to do it.

Hiya all,
Thanks all for keeping this going. Ya'll are an inspiration to us slackers! LOL
Good note, I got the wii fit and playing with the yoga. Love it. Finding out my left side is much more stable than the right. Hate those one legged poses, but those are the ones I need to work on the most!

Holiday weight loss roadblock cleared

09/01/09 380
01/03/10 325
Today 317 Only had time last couple of days to do some walking...

Initial goal 295

Day 6 on wii fit. Since I didn't get to the dog park to exercise.. yeah, I turn the dogs loose at the park, then I run the perimeter..
Tried the wii aerobics. Fun and did get my heart pumping. Good workout, but not too tough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom