2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Day 6 on wii fit. *** Tried the wii aerobics. Fun and did get my heart pumping. Good workout, but not too tough.
A better workout for the Wii Fit is actually EA Sports Active. I like it alot better than the Wii Fit program.

Good to hear. I will have to check it out.. will put it on my list as I get bored of this stuff pretty easily. Never did like the video workouts. I still curse the guy in striped shorts!!!

Warmup:
5 Minute Row: 1004 meters

Workout:
Hang Power Cleans
45lbs x 10
65 x 10
75 x 10
95 x 3
115 x 1
125 x 1
135 x 1
165 x 1 F
165 x 1 (Tied PR)
185 x 1 F

Hang Jump Shrugs (for explosion)
185 x 5

Full Squat Cleans
135 x 5

Friday 01/08/10 - Evening run (30 minutes) with my best friend. 15 minute walk at the start and 10 at the end. Good times.

Uhoh. Way too soon for everyone to be quiet!!

Saturday 01/09/10 - Nothing. Nada. Day o' rest!

Sunday 01/10/10 - 30 minute jog with my best friend and her pup (C25K). I had really wanted to do a group run but she wasn't interested, so we did a neighborhood loop. Good times. Ended up running about 2.9 miles, but total distance was about 3.9 miles with the warm up walks, etc. Good times.

I judiciously took a couple of days of rest after my Power Clean workout... rather taxing.

Sunday:
Warmup:

250m Row 3:00

Shoulder Press Snatch Grip Behind the neck with PVC 10 x 3

Shoulder Press with PVC 10 x 2

Air Squats

Workout:

Push Jerks

45lbs x 10
75 x 2
95 x 2
115 x 2
125 x 2
145 x 1
155 x 1
165 x 1
185 x 1 PR (for Jerk)
200 F
200 F
195 x 1 (Push Press) had to use arms to press out, so not a Jerk... however a PushPress PR!

Oh so close to that 200lb milestone... just the thought of putting 200lbs over my head a year ago was laughable... but now is very close to attainable!

Penny did a "Met-Con" workout for time.

Pullups and 250m Rows

21 Pullups (Black Band)
250m Row
15 Pullups (Black Band)
250m Row
9 Pullups (Black Band)
250m Row

Time: 8:05

Penny really laid it all out for the final row and was 1 second off of her PR for 250m... even as the final leg of her met-con... WOW!

Okay.

Saturday: Zip on the exercise....Teaching my university course all morning.

Sunday: 55 minutes on my treadmill. Felt better than it did last week...first week back after 2 weeks off was a bit painful toward the end. Also found that I've lost a pound since last week, which thus far falls into my pattern of losing 1/2 to a full pound each week. As long as the scale is going down, I don't care how long it takes to get that final 20 pounds off. For me its all about making permanent lifestyle changes to improve my health. The weight loss is just part, not the end of it. :wink:

Sorry been travelling, and am off again today but:

Friday, one hour bike ride
Sat, one hour on bike and one hour hiking through jungle/scrubland
Sun, half hour on bike, half hour walk on beach.

Nothing for the next few days as am doing a bit of earth bouncing. The good thing is I am off to Taiwan and I don't much like the food there, so it should be easy to go easy on consumption!

See you at the end of the week....

wii fit tonight for an hour. Last workout was on Friday when I did some running at the park. No exercise for me tomorrow, then big workout on Tuesday.
New routine and have to make adjustments to my workout schedule. Used to be running on M-W-F with some sort of exercise on at least one weekend day, but now I have a class on Monday nights and that throws everything off.

Glad to be having more company in here! Keep up the good work everyone!

Monday 1/11/10 - Swimming Laps (40 minutes) - .75 miles. I was feeling very sluggish today while swimming, unsure what it was all about but I never really found my groove. Instead of pushing it, I decided to stop a bit early and head to work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom