2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hockey once a week
Indoor soccer 2 a week
Dodgeball once a week
volleyball once a week

Gym 4 times a week (weights only. I get enough cardio from the other stuff)

In summer replace the hockey with mountain biking.

Eat lots of protein. :wink:

I pretty much need to duplicate what I did in 2009. Went from 163 to 170 with losing 3 in from my waist.

A lot of good variety with that! What do you do at the gym... a body builder routine? power lifting? Olympic weightlifting?

Today: bike ride 45 mins, yard work 1 hour.

I don't have access to a gym so have to get my exercise where I can.
I have a bike, a beach, a public swimming pool and a yard that needs clearing a couple of times a week.
Diet: I'm in Thailand and everything is stir-fried out here, so am trying to go for the spicy salads, grilled meats and so on. I'm getting lots of fruit and drinking plenty of water.

It's a slow process (getting fit) but I am motivated!
Motivation is key! ...and slow is good... your body will adapt to it without complaining or sidelining you!

Jan 1 30 min. rowing machine (24 rows/min)
Jan 3 30 min. rowing machine (24 rows/min)
Jan 4 30 min. rowing machine (24 rows/min) + 11/4 hrs of shovelling (Ouch! my back)...
Shooting for 25 pounds less in a month.

Snow shoveling can be a real b!#$h!! Tough to keep good back posture and lumbar support the entire time.

Are you able to get a distance off of your rowing machine? Might be nice to log how far you went in 30 minutes..... you'll be able to see trending if you're gaining distance with relatively the same perceived effort.

Everyone is helping me to stay motivated as I go into the second year of my "Quest for Fitness"! Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Thanks for starting a new thread! It's great to see so many new faces!

I dropped more weight - so am now down to my ideal weight.

Now getting almost 2 cold water dives daily with long surface kicks, sometimes in doubles. Still no gym and not much time or energy once the gear is cleaned - but the tanks are feeling lighter. Will try to add in 30 min of mild cardio a day along with the diving and gear schleping.

Back to swiming laps tomorrow :).

I could use some weight loss, I'm in ..... I got this link through my department email and they are giving us a discount. Aquatic Training System, Swimming Pool Equipments And Supplies Online | Super Swim I currently don't have a pool but plan on finding one that I can use. The portable model looks to be perfect for what I need. I might also by an above ground pool and I could use it for that or buy the other anchor.

Today was my 55 minute routine on my treadmill, dialing it back up to the faster pace for the jogging portion. Holding steady on weight for now, but want to lose another 20 pounds. Thus far I've been losing about .5 pounds per week (on average), so I'm totally okay if it continues at that pace. Permanent lifestyle changes are what its about for me, not a temporary "diet".

Getting thyroid and cholesterol checked again later this month...should be interesting.

I didn't hit my weight loss goals for 2009 but I did run my first 5K and for 2010 want to run a 10K in May so my "training" (I think it's almost comical that I'm "training") target is 60 min walk/run 5 times a week plus my weekly soccer game.

I'd be ecstatic if I could squeeze into a Bare L westuit by the end of the summer!

How ya liking that spin class so far?

It's good. The teacher is VERY good, very energetic and keeps the class interesting. I enjoy the sort of accountability with showing up to a small class where the teacher knows you by name. I just wish it were outside. :) Still want to get a trainer, but the budget says 'no' right now. :(

Warmup:

Rowing 250m x 4 with 30 second rest intervals
1:28
1:23
1:10
:58

Planche Progressions on the Rings and parallelettes

Muscleup Progressions with false grip

Workout:

Kettlebell (KB) movements

KB Cleans 35# x 10 per side (left/right)
KB Push Jerks 25# x 10 per side
KB Clean&Jerks 35# x 10 per side
KB Snatches 25# x 5 per side

Back
Top Bottom