2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright ladies... I think we need pics of your bums so that we can help you determine improvements as objectively as possible! :)) Of course, I can be very flattering!! :D

Rowing
250m x 4 with 30 second rest between intervals
1:49
1:19
:59
:52

First two legs were done as warmup, last two as a sprint. Ankle was a bit sore from the 75 squats yesterday, so the warmup was nice. :52 was 9 seconds slower than my PR, but still for getting the heart rate up!

I'm in! I started working out on my treadmill this past August and I'm up to 5-6 days per week, 50 minutes plus 5 minute cool down. I do a jog/walk with 3.5 minutes of jogging alternating with 2.5 minutes of walking....working to increase my jogging increment to eventually do 40 minutes of jogging with a 5 minute warm up and 10 minute cool down (walk).

Since we've been in Maui diving for 2 weeks, I haven't been on the treadmill, so Sunday will be the start for 2010. Good luck everyone!!

Excellent!
I like how you're incrementally/slowly upping your jogging to walking ratio!

I'll share some things I've learned/reinforced from finally managing to successfully exercise all year last year. (woo hoo!!)

Muscles make faster improvements/gains than things like ligaments, so go easy on your intensity increases, or at least give yourself a few days of rest between "maximal" or "near-maximal" efforts to help avoid strains or long rehab/recover.

My current motto:

1. Do no harm! (is does little good if damage you do keeps you from enjoying other activities)
  2. Try to be better this month than you were last month (in whatever metric(s) you choose to use... e.g. speed, strength, duration, lbs, fat loss, etc). A good goal is continuous and incremental improvement with a focus on consistency and good habits.

Another thing that can be helpful... start yourself a log or even a blog to make notes of your workout or progress. Knowing others might be looking at it can help when your motivation is low! Mine is in my link below. "Quest for Fitness"

I'll share some things I've learned/reinforced from finally managing to successfully exercise all year last year. (woo hoo!!)

My current motto:

1. Do no harm! (is does little good if damage you do keeps you from enjoying other activities)

1. Thanks for sharing WB. I really like your motto. I have been blogging about my dives and have actually considered doing a second blog regarding my fitness quests as well. Might help me keep motivated. I think I might go ahead and do it .... makes sense in the new year.

Alright ladies... I think we need pics of your bums so that we can help you determine improvements as objectively as possible! :)) Of course, I can be very flattering!! :D

erm...... will need to find a camera with a wide-angle lens!! :perv:

Great hike yesterday, 58 mins scrubby terrain, very hot indeed, I really yomped it. My calves ache today but it was a great cardio workout.

Had a little bike ride today, 45 mins, flat terrain, 90 degree heat. :shades:

i'm in, I started my weight loss, I am 6'5" and as of August 2009 I weighed approx 380lbs (BMI 45.1), as of today I weight 325lbs, so far so good. Today I swam 2000 yds and took my Boy Scout troop for a 5 mile hike (20 degrees and windy).
I have a short term goal of 295lbs so I am ready to donate a kidney to my brother sometime in Feb 2010.
I need to step up my workouts to drop the lbs soon.

:cheerleader:
YAY! Go CVG!!
Good for you and what a worthy goal.

Keep on keepin' on!!

Today is beach day, so will be interspersing book reading with some serious swimming (jellyfish notwithstanding).
Hopefully will manage 3 x 20 mins swims in the sea.

Rach xx

PS does a pedicure count as a workout? :eyebrow:

Sunday 01/03/10 - After degreasing, cleaning and relubricating my bike chain, I went for a 30 minute jog and 10 minute walk with my best friend. Tomorrow swimming laps.

I'd like to participate. Can you guys help keep me "honest" and I'll do the same?
Goal: Lose 25 pounds by June 1, reduce body fat by 10 percent (or more).

Plan: Gym visit at least four days per week
Cardio 30 min each day
Weights/Resistance: 30 min each visit

Thanks. Looking forward to offering encouragement to all who want to participate!

Scott

Back
Top Bottom