2006 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were quite a few calls that were bad this year. I think the biggest problem is the instant replay. The refs had several chances to right the wrong but would not do it. Its bad when the TV commentators see calls that paid refs wont change.

But bigger than that it not that all of the calls were wrong it sometimes is the lack of calls that proves to be bad. There were several penalties on both sides of the Fla-Arkansas game that the refs chose not to call.

mulefeathers:
There were quite a few calls that were bad this year. I think the biggest problem is the instant replay. The refs had several chances to right the wrong but would not do it. Its bad when the TV commentators see calls that paid refs wont change.

But bigger than that it not that all of the calls were wrong it sometimes is the lack of calls that proves to be bad. There were several penalties on both sides of the Fla-Arkansas game that the refs chose not to call.

The refs can't see everything. If they could there would be penalties on just about every play and you can't challenge what was not called. Problem is not all penalties can be challenged so some that were obviously wrong couldn't be challenged.

ScubaTexan:
OK, the College Bowl Game Pick'Em game is set. Follow this link for the particulars:

College Bowl Pick'Em

Anyone interested? Anyone? Anyone?? :D

Looks like they hired someone who once played for Bear Bryant at least. That’s what’s important right?

BREAKING NEWS: New Alabama Coach Named”

BREAKING: New Alabama Coach Named
I have photos from the just-completed press conference in Tuscaloosa where
Alabama AD Mal Moore introduced the new head football coach. He had this
to say about the incoming coach: “He played for the greatest football coach ever,
Bear Bryant, and he personifies the Alabama family better than anyone else I’ve ever known.”

bamacoach.jpg

Bama’s New Coach - The Exclusive Interview

coachgump.jpg

Thanks to our impeccable press credentials and prominent connections, we were able to
secure an exclusive interview with the new head football coach of the Alabama Crimson

Tide, before he’s even had his first official press conference. Here are the highlights:

Coach Gump: Hello. My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.

HT: Coach, can you tell us what your plans are for the team? Things look pretty
grim at the moment. Angry fans, incompetent administration, young players…how do you plan to address that?

Coach Gump: My Mama always said you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on.

HT: So, you plan on looking forward. What would you say your coaching philosophy is?

Coach Gump: I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floatin’ around
accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it’s both.

HT: Have you ever coached a football team before?

Coach Gump: No, but I’ve been on a real big boat.

HT: Coach, do you think that you’ll be able to beat Auburn?

Coach Gump: I gotta Pee!

HT: Well, OK then.

Coach Gump never returned from his bathroom break. We hope to talk to him again soon.
One thing that I will say for the new coach, he seems much more articulate than Mike Shula did at his first presser.

No, Mike, they didn't....just the red x's :(

ScubaTexan:
No, Mike, they didn't....just the red x's :(

I think some sites block access to cross posting pics. not a problem. Photobucket to the rescue. The pics should show up now. :) Scroll back up a few posts and look and it should have the pics there now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom