2006 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday, I went to the Cotton Bowl, and I must admit I was impressed with the number of Auburn fans that were there. You guys travel well. A few got a little obnoxious, but there are those from every school in the NCAA. I was afraid, however, that I would be hearing "Glory, Glory Auburn Tigers" in my sleep last night....LOL

I'll post a link to my pictures as soon as I can.

ScubaTexan:
Yesterday, I went to the Cotton Bowl, and I must admit I was impressed with the number of Auburn fans that were there. You guys travel well. A few got a little obnoxious, but there are those from every school in the NCAA. I was afraid, however, that I would be hearing "Glory, Glory Auburn Tigers" in my sleep last night....LOL

I'll post a link to my pictures as soon as I can.

I watched the game on TV, and although I'm an Auburn fan, I didn't think they played up to their potential. They just barely won against #23 Nebraska. It definately wasn't the team that beat Florida earlier in the year. Their hearts just didn't seem in it.

The Georgia - Virginia Tech game was a whole lot better game to watch.

All these bowl games are beginning to be a joke anyway. There are something like 32 bowl games this year. It's almost like they are just making up bowl games for any big city to host who can get a corporate sponsor to throw in some money. Teams are going to bowl games with 6-6 seasons that aren't even in the AP Top 20 or the BCS Top 25. It's taken away the glamour from a team going to a bowl game.

For the 2006 season, 64 of the 119 Division I-A teams will play in a bowl game.

It sure does make college football look "*****'d" up.

mike_s:
I watched the game on TV, and although I'm an Auburn fan, I didn't think they played up to their potential. They just barely won against #23 Nebraska. It definately wasn't the team that beat Florida earlier in the year. Their hearts just didn't seem in it.
For the 2006 season, 64 of the 119 Division I-A teams will play in a bowl game.

Yeah, they did look pretty listless at times. It was a pretty poorly coached game on both sidelines.

ScubaTexan:
Yeah, they did look pretty listless at times. It was a pretty poorly coached game on both sidelines.

It's amazing some of the things that Auburns coach says sometimes:
“It was a typical Auburn win — win ugly,” Coach Tommy Tuberville said. “We were lucky to be in the game after the first half.”

I laughed and agreed with his comments on the officials and the instand replays. I thought the officials made several mistakes against both teams in the Cotton Bowl.

Tuberville said:
"I'm a proponent of instant replay until that play," Tuberville joked. "We couldn't get a replay on that and they get a replay on the spot on the past play of our drive. That was kind of unusual."

Everybody in the stadium saw that -- surely the guy with 15 screens there can see it," coach Tommy Tuberville said. "We've got to train our guys better. There have been some problems this year with replays and the guys in the booth. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be replay guy. All you have to do is look at the screen."

Cotton Bowl

I have a friend in Nebraska that I took most of these for, so there is a slight Husker slant to them....LOL

I also am a Auburn fan. And they played sorry but at least they won.But they better tighten up with Saban coming to Bama or he'll have a field day with them.War Eagle

For those that don't know, as GulfDiver refered to Saban, Bama's got a new coach. Mike Saban of the Miami Dolphins and LSU before that.

So how did you LSU folks like him?

mike_s:
For those that don't know, as GulfDiver refered to Saban, Bama's got a new coach. Mike Saban of the Miami Dolphins and LSU before that.

Umm, actually, his name is Nick Saban....LOL

Alabama has been firing coaches ever since the Bear retired. With Saban I think Alabama will be fired by Saban if he is sucessful and the bigger $$$$$$$$ come knocking. How do you tell if Saban is lying, his mouth is moving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom