%16 scuba tax in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What’s with the sympathy with the taxi Union? Friends of yours? Do you need video of the guy refusing the ride without more money? Do you have Stockholm syndrome and empathize and sympathize with your captor? Both of us will sign written sworn statements that our shuttle tickets bought at the airport from one of the two monopolies were not honored and the choice given was pay a lot more then was agreed to or walk. So money was refunded, we walked 100 yards and got a “normal” priced taxi. Also, no where else is a cab charged per person . It’s always the same price for the whole cab.
As I said, I cannot say that what you have described never happens, only that in dozens of transits through the CZM airport I have never seen or heard of it except for from what you have said. I am neutral regarding the taxi union; I know how to avoid running afoul of the way they run their business, and vacation time is far too precious to me to waste it in pointless confrontations or arguments over trivial amounts of money.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, one time several years ago the shuttle driver required me to buy an extra ticket because of the amount of baggage we had with us. Fair enough, but he didn't get a tip, so he came out the loser on that exchange.

Interesting, the moderator censored one of my replies to my own thread. So much for the free open exchange of ideas and information. Complaining is banned on scuba board.
SB is indeed moderated to keep exchanges civil and on topic. I always appreciate the volunteer work of the Mods, even on my posts, while complaining about their work can only make it worse and yourself look silly.

You are lying by claiming I’m lying. I have the pdf invoices by email listing tax. And the email complaining that other companies don’t explicitly state they are taxing. Which they aren’t if you pay cash.
No, he said the Op might have lied - in this case, Op referring to the Operator, not the Original Poster.

No what I expect is a verbal and witten agreement in a receipt to be kept and not to be shaken down and extorted by a criminal airport monopoly after buying tickets . “My country my rules” is the motto of a thief. If you want to be blackmailed and pay $25 for a ten minute ride that would cost $5 elsewhere in Mexico, feel free. You’re welcome .
I'm still wondering how you came to be the only couple at the airport needing a shuttle? They pack those vans with people going to different places.

You quoted one of my posts with no response for some reason.

Interesting, the moderator censored one of my replies to my own thread. So much for the free open exchange of ideas and information.
FWIW, once you start a thread by posting something it's not really yours any more. Rules of civility and staying on (or close to) topic apply to you as well as to everyone else.

Blue H20 invoices show the tax that is included in price.

As a prospective customer, I like that, but how would a person looking at the Blue H2O website know that? As we know from this thread and others, and from the Cozumel dive op websites, all ops don't show their prices w/tax. Looking at the Blue H2O website, a 2 tank dive is $75 - what I know for sure, because it is written, is that the marine park fee, tanks, weights, and snacks are included. What a potential customer doesn't know is if tax is included, because nowhere on the site does it state that it is or isn't included.

If a potential customer is researching dive op websites for a trip to Coz and found different ops show their prices differently, that customer wouldn't really have a clue if the Blue H2O price included tax or not (although a SB reader would know.) Regardless of whether there is some law/rule/suggestion that ops show tax included in their prices, the reality is they post them in different ways. I am okay with those ops who indicate that tax is included or that tax is not included - at least then I know I have to tack it on. From my viewpoint as a possible customer, the ops that don't indicate one way or another are at risk of losing business unless there is something else special about the op - at that point I would make a call and ask about the price and taxes.

Looking at the Blue H2O website, a 2 tank dive is $75 - what I know for sure, because it is written, is that the marine park fee, tanks, weights, and snacks are included. What a potential customer doesn't know is if tax is included, because nowhere on the site does it state that it is or isn't included.

for myself, in this case, i would assume the tax is included. if i showed up and they tried to charge me 16% on top, i would tell them to take flying leap. then i would show them their own web site that does not indicate any extra charges.

bottom line is that there is no excuse for this. it is very simple to either say....."these prices include x, y, and z"...... or " x,y, and z are extra".

for myself, in this case, i would assume the tax is included. if i showed up and they tried to charge me 16% on top, i would tell them to take flying leap. then i would show them their own web site that does not indicate any extra charges.

bottom line is that there is no excuse for this. it is very simple to either say....."these prices include x, y, and z"...... or " x,y, and z are extra".
Our prices include all tax and it is stated on home page. When you receive your invoice it shows the iva that is included in the price. We dont do bait and switch.

Our prices include all tax and it is stated on home page. When you receive your invoice it shows the iva that is included in the price. We dont do bait and switch.

fyi.... i was not the one saying anything about your operation. Jonhall did above. however, i took a quick look and i do not see any mention of taxes being included or not. but maybe i missed it.

Our prices include all tax and it is stated on home page.
Look for IVA included in tiny print.

Our prices include all tax and it is stated on home page.

Found it! "We Accept Cash, All Major Credit Cards and Paypal. Prices include IVA 16%"

Not the first place I would look - after "Tags" on the home page. Also shows up on fishing page, but not the other specific activity pages. First place I would go is to the diving page - not a knock on the site (or any site) because it is there, but like some other websites that have it stated in other places (such as a FAQ page), one would have to look elsewhere from the diving rates page to find if tax was included or not - would be easier if it was shown with what's included in the price of a dive.

If experts :wink: here on SB missed it, others probably are too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom