Cancun Airport Eliminates Fee For Multiple Devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMH. Again I wonder why bite the hand feeding you?

It grates on me. MEX is pretty much off my list of places I will go. For any reason. The squeeze just ain't worh the juice.
Customs is a completely different department of the goverment than tourist related activities. The lions share of customs will be done at marine and land based ports of entry.
Cancun has a huge tourism industry with many government and more importantly politically connected individuals with their fingers in the pie, this is probably why that particular airport has political influence on the customs activities and practices. The Cozumel airport is a little fish in the pond.
Two years ago, due to widespread corruption, customs nationwide was transferred to the military, who lacked operational experience in these areas. This is most likely why silly crap still on the books, like two computers, from decades past is all of a sudden being enforced.
It is not just the tourist industry that is feeling the pain from this reorganization.

Enough about suicide cords. Let's talk about suicide blondes. A LOT more fun.

That suicide cord debate went off the rails so hard it jumped the tracks to a different thread!
You know how sometimes you surface not where you thought you are.

Who are all these weird new people on this boat and where did everybody that jumped in with me go?

not really, but once on a night dive I did surface at a boat not mine. "That's YOUR boat over there, mate!"

That suicide cord debate went off the rails so hard it jumped the tracks to a different thread!
What's a suicide cord in a diving context? In the electrical trades it's an extension cord with male connectors on both ends.

What's a suicide cord in a diving context? In the electrical trades it's an extension cord with male connectors on both ends.
Nope, we're talking about the one in the electrical context. I do believe it was in the Chairman's Back Surgery thread -- post Helene, trying to get power, etc.

Nope, we're talking about the one in the electrical context. I do believe it was in the Chairman's Back Surgery thread -- post Helene, trying to get power, etc.
One danger of those things is that if it is "handyman made" it is very easy to get line and neutral reversed in one of the plugs.

One danger of those things is that if it is "handyman made" it is very easy to get line and neutral reversed in one of the plugs.
The danger of those things is backfeeding into the line that the lineman thinks is dead.

The danger of those things is backfeeding into the line that the lineman thinks is dead.
I agree in principle, but it is a very unlikely scenario. If a service is connected to a grid that is unenergized where there are hundreds of thousands of loads still connected, a household generator that tries to connect to it will see a virtual dead short and shut down immediately.

I agree in principle, but it is a very unlikely scenario. If a service is connected to a grid that is unenergized where there are hundreds of thousands of loads still connected, a household generator that tries to connect to it will see a virtual dead short and shut down immediately.
Yes, if it is connected to those loads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom