$1500 Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't notice, does it come with a tether? Loosing that on a backroll would ruin any day.

Pete

Curious to see if it has the transmitter sync problem I've seen with some Aeris Elites, where you have to periodically bring your wrist near the transmitter to reestablish the link. Maybe that will be billed as a feature, gets people to practice mask R&R :)

(If Scubatoys, or Oceanic, wish to donate an early unit, I would happily test it in Curacao this March :) )

Maybe you should carry an extra or two, one on the boat, one in the pocket. That would only be 4,500 dollars. They need a matching set of fins with a digital "torque" readout and a digital snorkel with a red led that comes on to tell you the snorkel is below the surface. The mask strap could have a flasher/strobe so your buddy could not fail to see you and a read out advising status, OK, Not OK, so you don't have to constantly ask your buddy if your OK?

Dare I ask, will it be DIR?

N

For that price, it would be well worth investing in a LoJack system...:wink:

I think I'll wait 'till they upgrade the computer to use 3 transmitters

well, it is a computer and a mask. But $1500?? Damn! I'll keep my $70 Mares X-Vision thanks. I once saw some tech divers and stole an idea from them to avoid losing my mask, put your mask on first then pull up your hood. That way, the strap is covered by your hood and you wouldn't lose it with a backward roll.

that mask is the bomb although it seems a little pricey. It's kind of cool though to see what kinds of things technology will be sending down the tube our way over the next number of years. Personally, I'll wait for it to get a bit cheaper b4 i invest in that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom