Considering a HUD from Fathom for Classic Kiss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrespp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello, my CK is fitted with a Predator and a legacy Shearwater HUD, both hardwired.

The case is that lately the HUD was behaving erraticaly and finally the LED in the middle is no longer working, and the other two LEDs look like are about to die soon.

So I am looking for a new HUD to replace the old Shearwater one. From what I have found so long, the Fathom (Heads Up Display (HUD) - Fathom Dive Systems) have a nice appereance and it is reasonably priced.

However, I have no references at all about this product.
So would like to receive some feedback from those with some experience using it.
Thanks in advance.
Andres

It is a great HUD. Very bright in alert mode but not annoying so in normal dive mode.
The cable is very stiff, but a couple ties on the loop hose make it managable.

I like it better than Shearwater HUD. I feel overall it’s a better build product as I’ve experienced several problems with Shearwater HUD.

Fathom HUD adjusts to the ambient light automatically, which is helpful when cave diving. The alarm mode is very bright and visible to your teammates in not-too-bright environments.

Echo the above. The earlier versions had a few too many options programmed in that Fathom has since simplified. Great battery life, hard to accidentally hit the buttons. The flashing alarm mode is excellent.

It is a great HUD. Very bright in alert mode but not annoying so in normal dive mode.
The cable is very stiff, but a couple ties on the loop hose make it managable.
Thanks a lot, will verify cable diameter to check if goes through the CK kidney.

I have fathom #18 so I have the original narced at 90 hud that’s potted into the unit. My wife’s n@90 died and it got replaced with the fathom hud and it’s definitely better.
I didn’t know that as grant said they simplified the software. Now I’m interested to see which version my wife’s has.

It's a shame that Putin did what he did!
The AV1 hud is simply awesome, i do have an aftermarket AV1 head for inspiration classic.
Excellent hud and controller/computer, and Alexey support was awesome but that $%#&*g War throw his market at waste

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom