Question Classic Kiss change to have tank valves up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrespp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello, I am considering changing my Classic Kiss configuration in order to have the tanks with the valve on top, Reason behind is that for having a good WOB, the shoulder harness in my BP are intentionally kept very short, so the CCR is rather high on my back.

So the problem that I currently have is that I am not able to reach the tank valves in case I need to. So looking for advice in case someone has done that before, including the pros and the cons.
Thanks in advance,
Andres

i tired it on mine along time ago, but (for me) with the tanks being on the case, they ended up with the valves out of my reach

Ive ran my classic in several different configs over the years, valves up, valves down, FMCL, you name it Ive probably tried it.

Sounds like you are looking for valves up as a mobility issue as opposed to a trim issue (I ran my valves up to get the head down.) What you can do is run a stand if you are not already, use longer bottles like 3L and slide them down. if you are still having issues getting that last bit of reach is use extended valve handles from Lombardi Undersea to get the handles out farther.

Do you mean you can't reach the valves with the cylinders inverted (valves at bottom)? If so then you can drop them lower, mine sit well below the cut outs for the first stages for this reason. I use the jubliee bands and sometimes run 1.5l alis and they still sit low enough to reach the valves easily in bulky undergarments.

Also if your harness is too tight it can cause WOB issues from my experience. I've had my battles with WOB on my KC but it seems like if you concentrate on using the diaphragm to breathe the actual RB placement is less of a consideration.

Back
Top Bottom