$1500 Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's been on the Oceanic website and it's great to see they are finally going to release it. I would love one, but at $1,500 it's just too expensive. I'm happy with my X-Vision at the moment at don't feel the need to replace it with something that costs 30 times as much!

Hopefully inside 2 years the price will come down a little.

Could be an expensive day out at the beach :huh:

Grey_Wulff

Does the mask allow for prescription lenses?

the mask is a little pricey. But you do get an air integrated computer and the fact that you dont have to look at a wrist mounted computer... Think about how good that will be when the vis suddenly drops to zero. The readout for both your airpressure and deco information will still be visable...could be a lifesaver

however....dont think that I am going to buy one just yet... I also think the poseidon? or some other company has a hud on a ffm....that would be worth the 1500 IMHO

i'm not sure this is worth more than the price of an AI computer plus $100 or so to cover the mask

so what are we talking about? $600 ?

imho, they are charging more than double what it's worth

How long do you think it will take for the price to drop to 8 or 9 hundred.I paid 600 for a dvd player when they first hit the shelves.what an idiot.

the great thing about it is how easy it is to view all your needed dive info without looking at a wrist or console computer. I dove it at night and the display was very clear with no distraction from my field of vision. As you all have noted, the price needs to come down. That will take some time and probably some competition. I am sure there are other companies with something similar in the works.

Very cool and very expensive. I will need to wit a bit before I invest in one. Also would like to see what bugs need to be worked out.

H2Andy:
i'm not sure this is worth more than the price of an AI computer plus $100 or so to cover the mask

so what are we talking about? $600 ?

For apples to apples, it'd be a wireless AI computer, so figure $800-$900 for the computer portion including transmitter.

Suppose it might be possible to design it to run a HP hose to the mask to make it non-wireless, but I'm not sure I want a HP hose connected to something protecting my eyes. :14:

Back
Top Bottom