??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, just going by the report given to me by Mike after he'd attempted to contact the owners.

Hope I'm wrong !!!

the K

I too have spoken directly with a couple of divers who have dove there recently. As a matter of fact they are planning another dive there soon.

I was told that there are some deep spots in there too and that it was a good "wall" dive. The only problem I see is that for this particular quarry to have potential it must be OW training friendly. What I mean is that if it is 100' to 200' all over then I don't know of many OW instructors taking a group out there. I believe that OW students actually pay most of the cost for thoes type places.

OTOH, it would be a good tech training spot for deep and deco.

I would just like to see a good, well balanced and clean quarry around here.

Jeremy

Hey Jer, that is what I was told as well, really deep wall. It does sound like they have found a few areas in there though that are shallow enough to be used for OW training. This is definitely one of those sites that diving steel doubles wet wouldn't be a good idea. :) I would get some good use out of my twin AL80's at that site if it opens.

Heck, if they open it up I will buy an annual pass. Cartersville is less than 20 minutes from me, and that would be sweet to have a nice dive site that close.

Matt

We are going to try to open on June 3rd. We have been busy putting in docks and getting the quarry ready to open. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there.
The address is 781 Old Tenessee Hwy. White, Ga. We will keep you updated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom