$12/tank for VIP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AND, if you're diving tanks dedicated for Nitrox, most shops require that they have a vix and O2 service anually. That gets up into the $50 per tank ! ! !

Sitting here with 10 tanks, that would hit me for $500/yr.

So I took the PADI DSAT Rec/Tec Gas Blender course. Allows one to perform vis and O2 servicing on tanks. Paid $175 for the complete course.

the K

$12 doesn't seem all that expensive for a VIP ....... I paid $10 for one here in Texas. If you know a shop that does it for $6 that's great ! If you want to do it yourself then I have seen generic VIP stickers on Ebay for $2.50 each ( 4 for $10). If you ask around you may find another internet sight that will sell them also.

More and more shops are beginning to reject the generic vis and O2 service stickers.

If the sticker doesn't have the name, address, telephone number and agency certification number on the sticker, it won't be honored.

I don't know how prevalent this is across the U.S., but I'm seeing more and more of it down here in the southeast.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom