12/20/08 Dania Beach Erojacks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The weather was so nice that I think the Dania Beach group - those of us who were going to make another dive - chose to stay south. The ocean is flat. I think they're diving Pomano Beach right now.

I had a great time, and some of us saw a full-sized Cobia (didn't have my speargun) roaming with a nice sized ray - I've never seen either of that size so shallow before.

Yes we won't mention the Whale shark :wink:

How was the second dive? :popcorn:

The Pompano visit was very good. We were welcomed by El Rey, who filled tanks, sold booties and provided restrooms to the trio. Due to traffic (an accident backed up I-95 quite some while - imagine that) we got a late start. It was a helluva a swim out to the outer ledge dropoff but well worth it. Sea turtles, large ray, lobster, octopi and vis of well over 30 feet. We worked north to take advantage of the moderate southerly current to drift back into line with our entry point. The inner ledge was as well populated as the outer; it would have been as good a visit as the outer and only half the distance. My steel 80 was near empty by the time we reach walking depth. (Unfortunately, getting a fill by that time, after our late start, meant I missed the Wiz and the night dive at the jacks.)

Pompano should be good in the morning. I am bringing my yak for its maiden voyage. Am I supposed to have a virgin christen it before I put it in the water? Or, am I supposed to christen a virgin? I can never get the order right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom