10 LB Challenge #4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for tomorrows weighin, for the "offical" record. The fasting really takes the pounds off. I have been really good since drinking lots of water and watching what I eat. I want those pounds off!

I hear ya, Jenny! I want my pounds GONE too! I just have to remind myself that it won't happen overnight... I didn't put them on overnight! LOL I've lost 30% of what I want to lose!

Awesome! Keep it up! One step at a time.

My first week on the challenge and on the quest to loose - down 4.5 pounds.

Mainly just really watching what I eat and added some time on the bike and a few walks.
Starting off slow, but I want to add more exercise and some strength training as well. Figured I'd ease into it rather than starting too much all at once.

With this weighin, the fast and the regaining of water weight, I am down 7lbs total for the challenge. Only 3 to go! Whoo Hoo!!

I can't believe it!! This morning, I broke another 10lb barrier!! What I mean is I am now in digits I haven't seen in about 5 years. I don't really want to post my weight. I'm not brave like ER and Almity and the rest of you guys. But when you drop into a another 10lb. weight class (like 130-129) it really lifts your spirits.

So I am now down 2.5 lbs for this challenge!!

At my gym, there is a 45 countdown to Spring challenge that I may have mentioned earlier. Anyway, I was so happy last night because I was talking with one of the trainers and I was down 4lbs since Feb. 5 when the Spring challenge started. Now, I'm down 5.5.

WooooHoooo! You all are biiiiiiig losers! Isn't it nice to be a "loser" in such a good way!

Fairy... I completely understand and agree with you about the "boost" you feel when you drop into the next 10 lb category! It makes ya feel soooo good, and gives you a "new" sense of motivation! Good for you! I have 5 lbs to go till I'm in the next "10 lb category".

I don't know if I posted this before or not...

My birthday is the end of April and I'll be 30. I have a birthday goal... I want to be 250 or less by my birthday. That gives me 8 weeks to lose 15 lbs. I think that's doable. If I can meet my goal, then I'm going to treat myself to a new hot hairstyle, hilights, and a pedicure! I reeeeaaaally want my "treats"! LOL I must make my birthday goal!

I watch this thread a bit--it is awesome that everyone is giving each other such encouragement and support.

Anyways, if people are interested, I started the "Sonoma Diet" with my parents last Saturday, I could stand to lose 20 pounds, and the diet's premise of whole grains, fresh veggies and lean proteins seemed compelling.

Day 8 now, I've lost 3 percentage points on my body fat, 7 pounds total, and feel great. The first ten days is "Wave 1" and consists of strict portion control to break bad habits and adjust your metabolism. It is also the most dramatic weight loss period. Frankly, it works-I have more energy, am motivated to work out more, and with the exception of some early on cravings (which I got through) have been surprisingly NOT hungry despite eating about half of the food I used to.

I've been slowly losing weight by working out over the past year, but the bottom line is you have to pay attention to types and quantity of foods to really lose weight . . . this gave me the framework to have the discipline to put in place the last piece.

Okay, off to dive. Thought I'd share my perspective. Keep going everyone!

dsteding:
I watch this thread a bit--it is awesome that everyone is giving each other such encouragement and support.

Anyways, if people are interested, I started the "Sonoma Diet" with my parents last Saturday, I could stand to lose 20 pounds, and the diet's premise of whole grains, fresh veggies and lean proteins seemed compelling.

Day 8 now, I've lost 3 percentage points on my body fat, 7 pounds total, and feel great. The first ten days is "Wave 1" and consists of strict portion control to break bad habits and adjust your metabolism. It is also the most dramatic weight loss period. Frankly, it works-I have more energy, am motivated to work out more, and with the exception of some early on cravings (which I got through) have been surprisingly NOT hungry despite eating about half of the food I used to.

I've been slowly losing weight by working out over the past year, but the bottom line is you have to pay attention to types and quantity of foods to really lose weight . . . this gave me the framework to have the discipline to put in place the last piece.

Okay, off to dive. Thought I'd share my perspective. Keep going everyone!

You should officially join our challenge! Thanks for the words of encouragement.... you keep up the great work too! You will ONLY find words of encouragement, motivation, inspiration, and praise on this forum! That's what keeps me going and has helped me immensely!

I think alot of the people on here are "dieting" (I use that term loosely, as most of us are not dieting, but changing our lifestyles.) with roughly the same ideas as you mentioned. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom