10 LB Challenge #4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
erparamedic:
I think alot of the people on here are "dieting" (I use that term loosely, as most of us are not dieting, but changing our lifestyles.) with roughly the same ideas as you mentioned. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains.

That's mainly what I'm doing right now - trying to incorporate more fresh foods and less processed foods, whole grain products, and watching my portions and total fat intake. I don't eat beef or pork, put I'm trying to add more fish to the menu and not as many carbohydrate loaded foods like pasta. And it does make a difference, even in just a short time. This past week I've felt more upbeat and more motivated.

Erparamedic, I hope you get the birthday present, it sounds awesome! What a great way to reward yourself.

erparamedic:
My birthday is the end of April and I'll be 30. I have a birthday goal... I want to be 250 or less by my birthday. That gives me 8 weeks to lose 15 lbs. I think that's doable. If I can meet my goal, then I'm going to treat myself to a new hot hairstyle, hilights, and a pedicure! I reeeeaaaally want my "treats"! LOL I must make my birthday goal!

When in April? Did we talk about this? Mine is the 24th!

LindaBluedolphin:
When in April? Did we talk about this? Mine is the 24th!

Mine is April 29th. Our bdays are very close! :D

I'll be 30 this year. :11:

erparamedic:
Mine is April 29th. Our bdays are very close! :D

I'll be 30 this year. :11:

I already had my 30th! :rofl3:

As of the weigh in Thursday:

I am down 7 lbs for this challenge. I have had a bug since Thursday afternoon, and have not weighed in through the weekend.

I will not even post a weight again until this coming Thursday... The door is quickly closing. Will it be Jenny, me, or a rookie to be named later :grin:

Wow! There's a few in the home stretch! This is getting exciting! Who's gonna kick it up a notch? Will we have a winner come Thursday? Here's a pic of the giftcard.... (number blocked for posting purposes).... Lose, lose, lose and be the big winner! Yeah!

ScubatoysGiftcardforposting.jpg

Forgot to post it, but when I got home Saturday I was UP 1/2 pound from the previous week's weigh-in. I think that's the end of my losing though. Now that I'm home, it's back to the weights and eating 1g protein per pound of body weight, so my goal is to gain weight... LOL!

It's been fun reading all the positive progress in this thread! Good luck everyone!

Protein= muscle! Good for you... you've lost what you want, and now you're gaining muscle mass! WoooHooo!

Thanks for all your support! Don't forget to still drop by and check out our thread! We love to hear from our supporters!

All right Boys & Girls....I am packed and ready to head out the door. Didn't hit the 155 marker, but did hit 158, so I am not unhappy about it!!! I hope to come back after 2 weeks of diving, 10 pounds lighter,,,LOL Maybe not....I am going to eat and drink on Vacation!!!! Though Cheddarguy would like to get 30 dives in, We'll see. Keep up the good work all of you! I will check on all of you!!!! Yippee Curacao!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom