2010 GLWC Spring Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am hoping to be able to come this year. I will know more as the time gets closer but I am a definate maybe.

Hey lucky; I've got a 40 pony you can try out when I'm diving my H-valve. I usually only use my pony when I'm diving with an 80 or if I'm doing some deeper stuff and want extra/redundant gas.

Thanks Denny that will be great. I just want to try the pony to see what it will be like to carry one and what the weighting/bouyancy will be like. I doubt I will ever be able to carry a set of doubles with my bad back but for redundancy a pony should be a good option.

Jody said that it was ok to drink on site and be open about it, so long as:
1. if you are drinking alcohol, your diving is over for that day, and
2. we dont get belligerent and stupid silly with the booze.

No problem then! They should know by now everyone at Meet n Greet gets belligerent and stupid silly. Booze just helps us forget what we about it. :D

Booze even helps with posting! If I drink enough, that last sentence in my previous post makes sense!:dork2:

Thanks Denny that will be great. I just want to try the pony to see what it will be like to carry one and what the weighting/bouyancy will be like. I doubt I will ever be able to carry a set of doubles with my bad back but for redundancy a pony should be a good option.

I'll also have my 30 and 13cf bottles. Each are set up with regs. You can dive them any time you want. Just let me know.

I'll also have my 30 and 13cf bottles. Each are set up with regs. You can dive them any time you want. Just let me know.
Thanks Mike, I will be taking you guys up on the offer. It will hopefully help me figure what is best for me. :)

Also, I confirmed my reservation for the bunkhouse at Gilboa for that weekend. So I am staying on site and drink to my hearts content (and liver's ability) Friday and Saturday night.

cowboybeans.jpg

So is there any sort of errrr organization to this organization? My little bro and I have been diving in the area since the eighties and seventies respectively. My family were all members of the Toledo Submariners way back in the day. We usually try to stick to our comfort zone as far as buddy selection is concerned but maybe it's finally time to branch out a bit. I currently live in the Chicago area and He still lives in Toledo. We used to dive Salisbury, and Whitehouse when they were open to divers and still dive Gilboa and White Star as often as we can get together. He will make the occasional trip over here to dive Haigh or we will even get together half way at France park.

So is there any sort of errrr organization to this organization? My little bro and I have been diving in the area since the eighties and seventies respectively. My family were all members of the Toledo Submariners way back in the day. We usually try to stick to our comfort zone as far as buddy selection is concerned but maybe it's finally time to branch out a bit. I currently live in the Chicago area and He still lives in Toledo. We used to dive Salisbury, and Whitehouse when they were open to divers and still dive Gilboa and White Star as often as we can get together. He will make the occasional trip over here to dive Haigh or we will even get together half way at France park.

Yes there will be some organization of the event.. It just hasnt started rolling yet. It is a ways out yet. Their will be a Who is Bringing what list. A who wants to carpool and from where. and a few other things. We dont have a 1 buddy rule. If you want to dive just ask someone will dive with you. Sometimes just 1 sometimes 10

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom