2010 GLWC Spring Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Lucky~ thanks for the advice... I am not really worried. I mean I work with 5 & 6 year olds for a living now and I bartended before for a few years... if that didn't scare me.... you think these guys can scare me? :)

nah.. I am all about meeting new people and diving with great friends. I am looking forward to the event..I probably wont take Fri off from work but will be there afterwards...

You will fit in perfectly then. Just make sure you have a stock pile of adult humor with a strong mix of childish antics and you will laugh your ass off for the entire weekend.

I plan on getting to Gilboa in the afternoon/early evening and staying until Sunday morning/early afternoon.

I think you know Joe from the Scuba Tank in Valpo. I was supposed to dive Hammond iwth you guys last summer but I could not make it. Last I heard from Joe, he was going to come to the meet and greet as well. I will have to send him a note to see if he is going to be there. I know that Rob is coming to this event also.

I was also wondering? Who? was going to Volunteer to tell Mike Gilboa Mike. That we don't mind him being down around our campfire. But we are going to enjoy some adult beverages. I think everyone is kind of tired of hiding it and not drinking for the hours he spends down their kind of a buzz kill literally LOL..

I am going to call him this week to see about renting the bunkhouse for the weekend. I will talk to him and see what he says. You know how I like my adult beverages and if I am staying on-site this time, I will surely be drinking more than last time.

Has anyone called to reserve the spot by the turn around and got the load of wood reserved? I can do that at the same time.

Should we put together the FAQ and Who's bringing what list at the top of the thread again?

I am going to call him this week to see about renting the bunkhouse for the weekend. I will talk to him and see what he says. You know how I like my adult beverages and if I am staying on-site this time, I will surely be drinking more than last time.

Has anyone called to reserve the spot by the turn around and got the load of wood reserved? I can do that at the same time.

Should we put together the FAQ and Who's bringing what list at the top of the thread again?

I do know one thing... Whatever we do here, has to be done on the FB page. I know of several people that never come here at all now.. I guess I will figure out a cut and paste type thing or something... A lot of people will miss out because of not looking here. or maybe I could say the thread is started here and they will come and look..:confused::idk:

I do know one thing... Whatever we do here, has to be done on the FB page. I know of several people that never come here at all now.. I guess I will figure out a cut and paste type thing or something... A lot of people will miss out because of not looking here. or maybe I could say the thread is started here and they will come and look..:confused::idk:

I agree. we need to link each discussion to both FB and SB to get everyone involved. The problem is that since the FB page has been initiated, there is little to no discussion about anything. That is why SB seems to work. Its in your face once you click GLWC sub-forum.

While there are lots of people who dont use SB, there are those that dont use FB.

You will fit in perfectly then. Just make sure you have a stock pile of adult humor with a strong mix of childish antics and you will laugh your ass off for the entire weekend.

I plan on getting to Gilboa in the afternoon/early evening and staying until Sunday morning/early afternoon.

I think you know Joe from the Scuba Tank in Valpo. I was supposed to dive Hammond iwth you guys last summer but I could not make it. Last I heard from Joe, he was going to come to the meet and greet as well. I will have to send him a note to see if he is going to be there. I know that Rob is coming to this event also.

Yes, I did dive with Joe & Robert at Hammond. Sweet! Looks like I already know and have dove with part of the GLWC!! :)

Now to meet and make more dive buddies to go along with them!

I agree. we need to link each discussion to both FB and SB to get everyone involved. The problem is that since the FB page has been initiated, there is little to no discussion about anything. That is why SB seems to work. Its in your face once you click GLWC sub-forum.

While there are lots of people who dont use SB, there are those that dont use FB.

What is FB?

Ken

My baby boy (Ethan Martin McCollum) is due to arrive on 4/30 so I'm guessin' I'm gonna miss this one... *sigh*... oh well... will shoot for the Fall. :)

My baby boy (Ethan Martin McCollum) is due to arrive on 4/30 so I'm guessin' I'm gonna miss this one... *sigh*... oh well... will shoot for the Fall. :)

I'm guessing scuba will be the farthest thing from your mind at that time. Here's an early CONGRATS! :D

I'm thinking your wife will kill you if you left her that close to the birthing date. Congrats though. Make sure you post pics either here or FB so we can see PvtStash Jr. Make sure you take a pic of him near you dive gear since that will probably be the last time we will see any McCollum near dive gear. :D :rofl3: :D

Back
Top Bottom