2010 GLWC Spring Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So is there any sort of errrr organization to this organization? My little bro and I have been diving in the area since the eighties and seventies respectively. My family were all members of the Toledo Submariners way back in the day. We usually try to stick to our comfort zone as far as buddy selection is concerned but maybe it's finally time to branch out a bit. I currently live in the Chicago area and He still lives in Toledo. We used to dive Salisbury, and Whitehouse when they were open to divers and still dive Gilboa and White Star as often as we can get together. He will make the occasional trip over here to dive Haigh or we will even get together half way at France park.

Hey T.Bix,

We've probably bumped into each other and didn't know it because I am also from the the Salisbury/Whitehouse days. In fact, I used to "outlaw" Salisbury back in the late 50's early 60's before anyone turned it into a dive hole. I also outlawed Gilboa before it too was commercialized. If at all possible, you and your brother must experience a GLWC Spring MeetnGreet. Newbies are always welcomed and I can almost guarantee that one M N G will not be enough; you will be back for the Fall gathering and future gatherings. It's just not right that we have so much fun at these events. We dive, we eat, we dive, we eat, we dive, and then we sit around our famous campfire on Fri. and Sat. nights (especially Sat. night) crack open our favorite beverage and just hurt ourselves laughing and talking. Gilboa offers whatever level diving your qualified for or comfortable with from 30' to 130' and there are always people from our group either in the water or wanting to get in the water from morning dives to night dives. Don't miss this this.

Did you ever dive with the Submariners back in the day? I suppose we prolly do know each other or have/had mutual friends. Jacobs, Traylors, Inkys, Bixlers, Duke Deshane, Bob Loeser, to name a few I can't think that far back right this second but I'm sure I can come up with a few more from those days.....

Did you ever dive with the Submariners back in the day? I suppose we prolly do know each other or have/had mutual friends. Jacobs, Traylors, Inkys, Bixlers, Duke Deshane, Bob Loeser, to name a few I can't think that far back right this second but I'm sure I can come up with a few more from those days.....

I'm not much of a club joiner, but obviously I know of the Submariners. Of the names you mentioned, Duke Deshane popped out; I remember him. There was another early diver around Toledo, but I can't remember his first name; his last name was "Lee" and his first name is on the tip of my tongue. It'll come to me. I graduated from Whitmer and lived around Point Place. I bought my first tank, reg and wet suit from Reddish Bros. Hardware Store. Hey, hope to see you in April and we can share old "war" stories.

I'll definitely put this on the calendar and hope that life cooperates. Either way, I've now posted on the thread and will get email updates.

Paula

I called Jody and Mike today. Jody said that Denny reserved the turn around so we are good for the group.

If I am planning to camp there.. will I still need to reserve a camping spot or is there enough spots available in the 'turn around' area?

If I am planning to camp there.. will I still need to reserve a camping spot or is there enough spots available in the 'turn around' area?

There is plenty of spots in the Turn around area. Just dont take my spot. Or you can be like others and just take any camping spot you want all along the road. We have this, at this time of the year, for the reason the season really isnt in full swing yet. So we pretty much have the place to ourselves. Unless we let Denny:dork2: plan it then he picks weekends that 4 other events or going on and no one can get into the place..

Unless we let Denny:dork2: plan it then he picks weekends that 4 other events or going on and no one can get into the place..

MY Bad!!! It won't happen again!

You mentioned before that you were thinking of bringing a camper of sorts. There will be room for sure but it might not be directly at the turn around. It might be just before the turn around (but closer to the stairs that lead to the water) If you are tenting it, there will be plenty of room in the turn around area.

You mentioned before that you were thinking of bringing a camper of sorts. There will be room for sure but it might not be directly at the turn around. It might be just before the turn around (but closer to the stairs that lead to the water) If you are tenting it, there will be plenty of room in the turn around area.

Thanks! I hadn't camped there before so I was not sure where the turn around was located and also I was not sure if I needed to call and reserve a spot too.

Thanks! I hadn't camped there before so I was not sure where the turn around was located and also I was not sure if I needed to call and reserve a spot too.

I attached a map of the quarry that I found on the Gilboa site. Its a small picture but you can get the idea. The turn around is all the way at the end of the road on the side of the quarry. It looks like a donut on the picture. That is where we will be hanging out throughout the weekend. I dont think a camper will fit back in that spot given Ted's fifth wheel and the picnic tables/campfire ect. But along the road there is plenty of spots. Just get closest to the turn around as you can and you will be fine.

If you are bringing a tent there is plenty of room at the turn around to set up and be close to the party.

I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing everyone else again.

Attachments

• gilboamap.jpg
    gilboamap.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 34
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom