Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does it count if you're married to someone who is married to their rebreather?

they fell in love in Feb of 2008...

Eric was certified when we met. I did a tryout thing one time in 1999 and it was ok, but he couldn't ever get me to do it again.

For our 10th anniversary in Dec of 2007 I wanted to do something different. I was ready to look into ski resorts (omg, i know!). But I don't do cold very well. So I was thinking of a fun beachy destination.

I called him on the phone and said, "What would you think if we went somewhere warm and could go diving for our anniversary?"

A week later I was taking a class (he came along for support) and now it's been over 2 years.

Sometimes he dives with me and sometimes he dives with his mistress (Optima). But as long as we can go to warm beachy places, I won't complain too much.

Does it count if you're married to someone who is married to their rebreather?

they fell in love in Feb of 2008...

Eric was certified when we met. I did a tryout thing one time in 1999 and it was ok, but he couldn't ever get me to do it again.

For our 10th anniversary in Dec of 2007 I wanted to do something different. I was ready to look into ski resorts (omg, i know!). But I don't do cold very well. So I was thinking of a fun beachy destination.

I called him on the phone and said, "What would you think if we went somewhere warm and could go diving for our anniversary?"

A week later I was taking a class (he came along for support) and now it's been over 2 years.

Sometimes he dives with me and sometimes he dives with his mistress (Optima). But as long as we can go to warm beachy places, I won't complain too much.

:rofl3: a mistress rebreather love story, have to say, was not expecting that!! Sounds like you guys came to a good compromise, thanks for sharing :D

ok, this just one couple that inspired my public inquiry . . . don't they just make your little hearts go pitter patter?

They are here on SB, can anyone guess who they are?

It's Marian and Dave (Hislovelybride and Teamcasa)!!!!

They are super sweet to be around, giving me cavities EVERY time!!!

I would venture a guess that it's TeamCasa and HisLovelyBride Marian. :D

Diving is supposed to be fun, right?

Marian and I frequently go hand-in-hand - but some how I seem to blow through more air than her...Hmmm. :wink:

To me, life just doesn't get any better than diving with my lovely bride.:D

Dave and Marian are AWESOME. I'm so happy to call them my friends and feel very priveledged to have gotten to dive with them a few times this year.

Do chicks often pass out when meeting you? :popcorn:

Only if they get a good zipper waxing from Dave...he's the best:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:rofl3: you are too freaking adorable, Dave. :kiss2:

Yes he is! :rofl3:

My diving couples story starts with "I met a man at a party who owned a diveboat"...during the time we were together I rekindled my passion for diving, went pro, and learned a heck of alot about the dive industry in FL and Central America. The story is summed up three years later with 4 words: "Great adventure, wrong man.". My adventure continues without him.

And I'm still hopeful that the adventure will include a fellow adventurer to share it with.

Diving is supposed to be fun, right?

Marian and I frequently go hand-in-hand - but some how I seem to blow through more air than her...Hmmm. :wink:

To me, life just doesn't get any better than diving with my lovely bride.:D

She can tell it. I exaggerate too much :wink: But here's a taste...It all started at the NHRA WinterNationals, a race car and and the a chick passing out.

I think it's my Adonis like physique......:wink:

Nope. But since Marian has not answered, here's a bit more.
Marian was dating a guy that worked on my pit crew. Since we had finished racing for the weekend, we were just being fans hanging around the pits. The weather was unseasonably hot and another mutual friend passed from the heat. (She was fine after a some shade and water). Marian, a sweet, innocent 19 year old look pretty damn good and I took a shine to her in an instant. We married a few months later and the rest (33 years later) is as they say, history.:wink:

Is it stealing if she wanted to go?

I never got back to Englishtown, I spent most of my youth running the DIV7 tracks. (Where drag racing was born!)

Dave is fairly accurate in his account of our beginnings :kiss2: Dave was the guy who everyone hung out with after work. A large group of friends used to go to his house and hang out watching "Mary Hartman Mary Hartman", we are still friends with those folks and it was there that our romance kindled. It didn't take long for me to decide to break up with the pit crew guy and recognize the car builder as the love of my life. Interesting fact... the pit crew guy, he still works for Dave, :rofl3:! Once we started dating, we were engaged six weeks later and married 5 months after that. From the time we met to when we were wed was 11 months. When you know its right, you know its right! I can't imagine my life without him and feel truly blessed to have him in it.:kiss2:

My diving couples story starts with "I met a man at a party who owned a diveboat"...during the time we were together I rekindled my passion for diving, went pro, and learned a heck of alot about the dive industry in FL and Central America. The story is summed up three years later with 4 words: "Great adventure, wrong man.". My adventure continues without him.

And I'm still hopeful that the adventure will include a fellow adventurer to share it with.

I hate when that happens "great adventure, wrong man" :shakehead:

Good to know there is another hopeful out there like me :D

Dave is fairly accurate in his account of our beginnings :kiss2: Dave was the guy who everyone hung out with after work. A large group of friends used to go to his house and hang out watching "Mary Hartman Mary Hartman", we are still friends with those folks and it was there that our romance kindled. It didn't take long for me to decide to break up with the pit crew guy and recognize the car builder as the love of my life. Interesting fact... the pit crew guy, he still works for Dave, :rofl3:! Once we started dating, we were engaged six weeks later and married 5 months after that. From the time we met to when we were wed was 11 months. When you know its right, you know its right! I can't imagine my life without him and feel truly blessed to have him in it.:kiss2:

When you know its right, you know its right! somehow this phenomenon has eluded me

Thanks for sharing sweetie :kiss2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom