Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I showed up for my first day as mate on a liveaboard dive boat. There was a crazy woman in the wheelhouse. She had quit her job that day, found out her mom had Parkinson's, and her husband had moved in with his girlfriend. Capt. Pierre said "Mel, meet Frank." Her response was "Are you the a$$hole parked on the dock?"

Sometimes when you buy a house, the old owners leave the cat behind. When you buy a dive boat, sometimes you end up with a crazy woman. We have been happily married for 10 years.

:rofl3::rofl3: love it :D

I met my BF on Match.com. My profile screamed I was a diver. I got an email on Match.com from zdiver and he asked Rec or Tec.

I emailed back Rec and he emailed back Tec but I will rec.

So we emailed back and forth for about a month before we arranged to meet to go to Monterey. I could tell with the emailing that he probably wasn't a pervert so I gave him my address. He was in my driveway when I got there to leave for our trip. I had worked 1/2 day.

So we left Reno, driving over I80 to Monterey. Before we turned left on I680 for Monterey, we figured out we had the magic. :wink:

So now we have been together every weekend (we live 174 miles apart) except the weekends in April 09 when he went cave diving in Florida and the weenend I was diving in Cozumel, both trips planned and paid for before we met.

Now I'm cave diving with him, did my Intro to Cave last November on a trip we planned together to the N. Florida cave country. He's rec diving with me, I intruced him to the dive boats off S. California. Our first trip was on the Horizon and he had a grin plastered on his face all weekend. :cool3:

I'm an underwater photographer and got him hooked. He just got a Cannon Rebel Xsi and housed it. Of course that will work in a cave too. :D

And we are going to Cancun in May so I can practice my cave skills I've learned so far. Then in November it's back to Cave Country in N. Florida and I hopefully will get my Apprentice cave cert.

Wahoooooooooooooo :D

I think you left out a line :wink:

I think its great that you are learning different "specialties" (for lack of a better word) of diving from each other

I loved this story when you first told it, thanks for sharing here :D

To me, life just doesn't get any better than diving with my lovely bride.:D

I have heard this line before from a local couple and it makes my little heart go pitter patter :D

Are you gonna tell everyone how you both met or is Marian going to do the honors?

wow, you are pushy

She can tell it. I exaggerate too much :wink: But here's a taste...It all started at the NHRA WinterNationals, a race car and and the a chick passing out.

I hope you are kidding!!

Do chicks often pass out when meeting you? :popcorn:

I know I nearly did when I saw him break out the dark night gloves. I remember thinking, "he seemed normal on the shuttle ride out, what kind of freak did Sam hook me up with here??" :rofl3::rofl3:

She can tell it. I exaggerate too much :wink: But here's a taste...It all started at the NHRA WinterNationals, a race car and and the a chick passing out.
I hope you are kidding!!

Nope. But since Marian has not answered, here's a bit more.
Marian was dating a guy that worked on my pit crew. Since we had finished racing for the weekend, we were just being fans hanging around the pits. The weather was unseasonably hot and another mutual friend passed from the heat. (She was fine after a some shade and water). Marian, a sweet, innocent 19 year old look pretty damn good and I took a shine to her in an instant. We married a few months later and the rest (33 years later) is as they say, history.:wink:

Nope. But since Marian has not answered, here's a bit more.
Marian was dating a guy that worked on my pit crew. Since we had finished racing for the weekend, we were just being fans hanging around the pits. The weather was unseasonably hot and another mutual friend passed from the heat. (She was fine after a some shade and water). Marian, a sweet, innocent 19 year old look pretty damn good and I took a shine to her in an instant. We married a few months later and the rest (33 years later) is as they say, history.:wink:

Dave!!! I knew I liked you, a romantic pit crew story, gotta love it :D

I spent a lot of time as a youth in speed shops and at Englishtown, NJ.

wait a minute - you stole her from one of your crew????

Last edited:
Dave!!! I knew I liked you, a romantic pit crew story, gotta love it :D

I spent a lot of time as a youth in speed shops and at Englishtown, NJ.

wait a minute - you stole her from one of your crew????

Is it stealing if she wanted to go?

I never got back to Englishtown, I spent most of my youth running the DIV7 tracks. (Where drag racing was born!)

We have been happily married for 10 years.
Yes but they have been married for 25 years. :D

Could just be my latent marriage phobic traits showing....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom