Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drydiver

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think it is interesting and inspirational for us single divers to hear the stories of how diving couples met.

I know many divers, but very few diving couples in comparison. The couples stories I have heard include being married for years and taking up diving when the kids moved out, diving their entire marriage, meeting on a dive trip, one partner getting the new partner hooked, divers meeting through friends and even meeting here on SB.

If you are part of a diving couple and don’t mind sharing, tell us your maritime love story :D

Donna

It's all Scubaboard's fault!!! :D

I met my BF when he sent a PM to ask about some training I had taken earlier in the year. We PM back and forth about diving for about a month until he finally expressed interested in getting to know me. We then began phone conversations for another three weeks, before our face to face meeting the day after Thanksgiving.

We are getting to know each other and will hopefully dive together soon.

ok, this just one couple that inspired my public inquiry . . . don't they just make your little hearts go pitter patter?

They are here on SB, can anyone guess who they are?

Attachments

• M0011747.jpg
    M0011747.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 99
  • M0011741.jpg
    M0011741.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 101
It's Marian and Dave (Hislovelybride and Teamcasa)!!!!

They are super sweet to be around, giving me cavities EVERY time!!!

It's all Scubaboard's fault!!! :D

I met my BF when he sent a PM to ask about some training I had taken earlier in the year. We PM back and forth about diving for about a month until he finally expressed interested in getting to know me. We then began phone conversations for another three weeks, before our face to face meeting the day after Thanksgiving.

We are getting to know each other and will hopefully dive together soon.

actually, you guys are funny, 2 divers who are dating, but haven't dived together yet, that is a new one :D

It's Marian and Dave (Hislovelybride and Teamcasa)!!!!

They are super sweet to be around, giving me cavities EVERY time!!!

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

when i came on sb in 05, da aquamaster (larry) had been here a while. i settle in here & have a ball, and find great mentors & learn to dive. of course i notice him - he posts a lot! - but not in *that* way.

then, a few years later, hmm...we *do* notice each other 'that way'! we pm a while, then email, then phone, then decide to meet in morehead for some dives. he swears he fell in love while i was puking off the back of the boat.

we took full cave together. he's a wonderful buddy & a wonderful guy. he loves my baby. we're moving in together this summer.

awwww, that is exactly what I am talking about, thank you for sharing :D

puking off the back of the boat, check, have to add that to my list of "qualities attractive to divers" :rofl3:

they aren't here much currently, but charlie j & khagar (charlie & kristi) met here on sb, met in real life, began dating, charlie moved from nc to wv, and they got married.

two former mods, suthnbelle & oe2x (mel & jock) got married after meeting here. she moved from nc to washington state.

so yes, sb can lead to matrimony! be careful!

they aren't here much currently, but charlie j & khagar (charlie & kristi) met here on sb, met in real life, began dating, charlie moved from nc to wv, and they got married.

two former mods, suthnbelle & oe2x (mel & jock) got married after meeting here. she moved from nc to washington state.

so yes, sb can lead to matrimony! be careful!

interesting, wow, 2 pretty big moves there . . .

Did you guys live near each other in the beginning? I know a few new couples who met on SB and are doing the long distance bit.

Back
Top Bottom