Diving Couples Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met my bride in 1983. We were both already certified, me in Florida (72) her in Gitmo (80). We actually got married underwater. Made the cover of the Washington Post Metro Section Sunday edition 7/12/87. We have been diving the world together ever since. She is my anti-macho brain, which I happen to think most male divers need. Beach dive 8 foot rollers in Hawaii, me " Crawl out on the bottom past the surf line" Her "Are you out of your mind" She won. :)

I met my bride in 1983. We were both already certified, me in Florida (72) her in Gitmo (80). We actually got married underwater. Made the cover of the Washington Post Metro Section Sunday edition 7/12/87. We have been diving the world together ever since. She is my anti-macho brain, which I happen to think most male divers need. Beach dive 8 foot rollers in Hawaii, me " Crawl out on the bottom past the surf line" Her "Are you out of your mind" She won. :)

:D:D great story!!! How did you meet and where underwater did you get married? You should scan it and post it.

I actually think diving is the ultimate couples sport/hobby.

ps - I was certified in Gitmo also

Okay, here goes. I met Mike on a weekend liveaboard dive trip out of Fort Lauderdale, in March of 1995. We exchange phone numbers, but I had a had time pinning him down, he was always so busy, diving, traveling, skiing. Finally, we hook up, our first date was to see the movie Braveheart. Fast forward to 1999, January 30th, to be specific. We, and a dozen of our closest family and friends go for an evening cruise on our friend's diveboat, The Diversity. It was a cold winter night, so we didn't venture out into the ocean, but we did get married in Lake Boca. Topside, not underwater. Yes folks, yesterday was our 11th anniversary. :D

Now, for the honeymoon. After less than one week of wedded bliss, Mike takes me up to Florida's cave country, where he certifies me and another friend in cavern diving. :shocked2: And, I'm still alive today. :D

Okay, here goes. I met Mike on a weekend liveaboard dive trip out of Fort Lauderdale, in March of 1995. We exchange phone numbers, but I had a had time pinning him down, he was always so busy, diving, traveling, skiing. Finally, we hook up, our first date was to see the movie Braveheart. Fast forward to 1999, January 30th, to be specific. We, and a dozen of our closest family and friends go for an evening cruise on our friend's diveboat, The Diversity. It was a cold winter night, so we didn't venture out into the ocean, but we did get married in Lake Boca. Topside, not underwater. Yes folks, yesterday was our 11th anniversary. :D

Now, for the honeymoon. After less than one week of wedded bliss, Mike takes me up to Florida's cave country, where he certifies me and another friend in cavern diving. :shocked2: And, I'm still alive today. :D

Thanks for sharing! Braveheart was a great first date movie! Did you get married on the boat? I think I am confused about the story . . . Congrats on your anniversary :D

Thanks for sharing! Braveheart was a great first date movie! Did you get married on the boat? I think I am confused about the story . . . Congrats on your anniversary :D

Yes, we did get married on the boat. My dive buddy, a lawyer with her notary stamp, performed the ceremony. Captain Tony borrowed the "uniform", white shorts and white shirt, complete with epaulets, to play the part of the LoveBoat captain. My friends helped to decorate the boat, and I selected some reggae/jazz love songs, played by Beres Hammond. It was quite the informal wedding. :D

And, for the reception, a couple of months later, we had a catered beach bar-b-que, for about 100 or so friends and family. What fun that was! :D

Yes, we did get married on the boat. My dive buddy, a lawyer with her notary stamp, performed the ceremony. Captain Tony borrowed the "uniform", white shorts and white shirt, complete with epaulets, to play the part of the LoveBoat captain. My friends helped to decorate the boat, and I selected some reggae/jazz love songs, played by Beres Hammond. It was quite the informal wedding. :D

And, for the reception, a couple of months later, we had a catered beach bar-b-que, for about 100 or so friends and family. What fun that was! :D

LOL, great part 2 also :D

Back in the mid 80s, after being certified in college, I flew down to visit my sister in Florida...she was certified too, and we spent a weekend in the Florida Keys. She met a guy on the dive boat, long story short they were together about 20 years but they're now divorced so I'm not sure how much that one counts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom