Zip Seals & Viking Rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would really like to get zip seals added to my cf200 but I'm wondering about the viking (classic, not bayonet) rings I currently use. Are there any issues with using the rings on the zip seals?

Also,
- Is the $118 for replacement zip seals for one unit or a pair?
- Is my ancient cf200 retrofitable to zip seals? :)
- Whats the difference between standard latex & HD/RS-style?

Thanks!
-Guil

Generally speaking, non-DUI ring systems can be used on DUI zipseals. If the Viking system you are talking about is the one made by Si-tech and it uses two plastic rings that are pressed together, it should not be a problem. If you have a different one in mind, please give us a call at the factory or email us a picture as that may help in the communication.

As for installing zipseals on your old CF200, it is rarely a problem except in very small suits where the openings may be too small for the rings. Standard latex seals are used by about 85% of our customers and are the best for sealing though they are the thinnest. The heavy duty seals are much thicker and more puncture and tear resistant. However, they do not seal as well particularly for those who have smaller wrists and/or prominent tendons. They are also just as susceptible to breakdown from ozone exposure as any other seal.

Hope this helps. PLease feel free to call me directly at 800-325-8439 X313 if you have any other questions also.
Thanks

Thanks for your response. So do the wrist seals come as a pair or is it $118 each?

Hi gfb -

They are purchased and priced in pairs.

Thanks,

Kathy

One thing I noticed when I rented a DUI with zipseals, was that my sitech rings sat really far down my hand because the zipseals took up space on my wrist. I had to pull the sleeves up a few inches for everything to fit right and let me use my hands. I'm not sure if this is common or not as I only used the suit for 3 dives and own a different brand with out any zip seals, but something to be aware of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom