zena fit help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveTheDream

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have a Zeagle Zena having a problem with tanks shift side to side ...
@downsize to extra small? I already have all straps chinched down as tight as they'll go
@add crotch strap?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a Zeagle Zena and it took awhile to get the straps in the right place to keep the tank from shifting from side to side. When I first got the Zena, I cinched the front straps and the side straps up tight before getting in the water and found it was riding way to high on my torso. One thing I do is cinch the straps once I'm in the water descending (I descend head first so that the BCD is sliding down my torso) so I can get the BCD where it should be sitting on my body. The bottom side straps are hitting me just above the hip bones. I have an XS and the side straps are cinched almost as tight as they can go. The shoulder straps are cinched about 2/3 of the way. I wore a jacket BCD before the Zena so it took me a bit of trial and error to get the balance needed to keep the tank from moving side to side. I love the Zena now that I'm used to it.

Thanks. I'm settling in to it now, better each dive. Will try your suggestions. :wink:

One thing: make sure your tank straps are wet/damp before you tighten them down. Straps stretch a bit when they get wet.

I've had my Zena for a few years, and I think I finally got it really figured out (for me). I 'customize' it after I'm in the water. I go either horizontal or head-down and loosen up the shoulder straps to give me room to wiggle it around. Then I tighten the chest straps just below my breasts, and then tighten the waist straps wherever they happen to land (with me it's a bit below my actual waist). THEN I loosely tighten the shoulder straps. I had been having the problem of it riding too high - this fixed it. I loved my Zena before I figured out this new tweak - now it's even more comfortable.

I've had my Zena for a few years, and I think I finally got it really figured out (for me). I 'customize' it after I'm in the water. I go either horizontal or head-down and loosen up the shoulder straps to give me room to wiggle it around. Then I tighten the chest straps just below my breasts, and then tighten the waist straps wherever they happen to land (with me it's a bit below my actual waist). THEN I loosely tighten the shoulder straps. I had been having the problem of it riding too high - this fixed it. I loved my Zena before I figured out this new tweak - now it's even more comfortable.
Erm, zena doesn't have a chest strap...
There's a waist strap and a hip strap

I also love my Zena! I found that adjusting my straps once I am at depth keeps everything from shifting. I have downsized to an XS because I noticed that all my straps were ending up as tight as they would go. Hopefully this will help!

I also love my Zena! I found that adjusting my straps once I am at depth keeps everything from shifting. I have downsized to an XS because I noticed that all my straps were ending up as tight as they would go. Hopefully this will help!

I went down to the XS front panel also. Now I can make strap adjustments and am loving my Zena more with each dive.

It turns out that what I was referring to as a chest strap is what actually sits at my natural waist. I don't know if other people wear it the same way as I do, but I cinch the top horizontal strap at my waist - keeping the shoulder straps loose - and then cinch the bottom horizontal strap at about my hips. Then I tighten up my shoulder straps. I read another thread that recommended that you do all this while in the water in a horizontal position - and that's what I do and it works for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom