Question Help with watch strap for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmingpooldivein

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello! I have a Suunti D6i Novo with the Zulu strap. The strap works well for my wetsuit, but it barely fits my drysuit - can only get the last notch, and I need someone else to put it on for me. I contacted Suunto's customer service if they sold anything that can fix this problem (ex: soltution to switch to bungee coords), but they said they don't make something like that for my watch. Does anyone know of an alternate solution I can employ? Thank you in advance for your help!!

There are plenty of places you can 3D print, without having a 3D printer. A print like the attached usually costs around 10$ or so.

It is for the D6i and has the nuts embeded, but I imagine working around this is trivial. I can't quite recall if the D6i Novo has the same dimensions. If not, reworking it should be very fast.

Attachments

• D6i - Bungee Mount.zip
    201.3 KB · Views: 22
There are plenty of places you can 3D print, without having a 3D printer. A print like the attached usually costs around 10$ or so.

It is for the D6i and has the nuts embeded, but I imagine working around this is trivial. I can't quite recall if the D6i Novo has the same dimensions. If not, reworking it should be very fast.
Awesome, thanks for the information and files!!

full out replacement:

not sure the width, but here is an option...

Buy a second strap and make an extension, it’s easy. Take the buckle off of the short strap (of the new unmounted one) and toss that short strap, now on the end of the long strap you have left cut or burn a hole in the middle of the loop that you would have used to mount that strap to the watch, this is for the buckle pin. Put the buckle on the end of the strap and you have an extension.

I just tossed a bunch of these away recently, when I have time I’ll look and see if there are any laying around still.

Back
Top Bottom