Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't know either other than trying an aluminium plate and seeing if it works for you. A cheaper solution maybe is to try a plate like this. It seems it would work better than with a STA than a soft plate would.

I was eating dinner when I sent that last message so typing on the iPhone kept my response to a minimum.

I don't think I'm dangerously overweighted, and I can certainly swim it up. But, I can sense it that I'm too heavy. My skin diving is mostly at one site when I choose not to go deep so perhaps I just won't do it. Stay wet...

Been a while since this thread had any action but I'm looking for some help with my express tech setup. I'm trying to figure out he best way to do the following things:

1) stow a pointer so I don't have to carry it every moment of the dive

2) get my octo streamlined.. Currently have a magnetic clip on my waist d-ring but the octo hose is bowing out and not so streamlined. When I clip it on my shoulder dring the octo is too near my face and annoying

3) stow my smb/reel. Currently my two options are to put them in the zip touch weight pouches that I'm not using or clip to waist dring but again they're dangling which is a bit annoying

Love to hear what others have done for this with their ET to get some ideas.

Also, the whole rig still feels kinda loose.. I've got the shoulder straps loosened and then a crotch strap so it can sit low enough where the reg won't hit my head and all but its not super stable on my back. It *seems* like the cam bands are actually a little high up cause I can't adjust the tank any lower and still have two cam bands on the tank.. Generally I like the ET but feels like I could dial it in a bit more.

1) stow a pointer so I don't have to carry it every moment of the dive
Add a butt plate and clip it there.

2) get my octo streamlined.. Currently have a magnetic clip on my waist d-ring but the octo hose is bowing out and not so streamlined. When I clip it on my shoulder dring the octo is too near my face and annoying
Go with a necklace. It's always there and yet magically out of the way.

3) stow my smb/reel. Currently my two options are to put them in the zip touch weight pouches that I'm not using or clip to waist dring but again they're dangling which is a bit annoying
I have a lot on my butt plate. I got Deep Sea Supply one from Tobin.

Also, the whole rig still feels kinda loose.. I've got the shoulder straps loosened and then a crotch strap so it can sit low enough where the reg won't hit my head and all but its not super stable on my back. It *seems* like the cam bands are actually a little high up cause I can't adjust the tank any lower and still have two cam bands on the tank.. Generally I like the ET but feels like I could dial it in a bit more.
Sounds like the crotch strap is not short enough. When you cinch you waist strap, it should be pulling down to snug things up.

Crotch strap Might not be short enough. It's not easily adjustable during the dive. Think I need to make one with a quick release so I can pull it tighter I guess.. Cause with the strap only adjustable from the triglide on the bottom of the plate if it's any shorter it's a bit hard to kit up since the whole rig hangs down a bit lower when I stand up etc

It should not take too many attempts to get it straight and I never feel a need to adjust mine "during the dive". It's part of the initial adjustment before I even put it on a tank.

Well with the shoulder straps a bit looser as suggested here the tank weighs the rig down when standing so it's lower than my crotch which = crotch strap can't reach the waist strap and be short enough to be useful. So that's why I was wondering about using a quick release on the crotch strap so it can be loosened to attach and then cinched up

If it's tight out of the water, like it should be' then adding a tank doesn't seem to affect it for me. At least for me, anyway.

So are you saying the shoulder straps should be tighter? Last time I tightened them the tank was bumping the back of my head. Maybe the crotch strap wasn't tight enough then.. I dunno

Figure out how loose/tight you want the shoulder straps so the BC naturally sits on your back where you want it to. I use plastic triglides for this as they stop the webbing from slipping though. Put the rig on with the waist band pulled tight where it should normally lay. Now pull the crotch strap up and see where it ends up. It should be a good inch or two below the waist belt. Adjust that length until it is. Once accomplished, when the waist is threaded through the crotch strap, instead of laying straight across your abdomen, it will V down a tad to accommodate the lower crotch strap. The tighter you tighten the waist, the lower the BCD will sit on your back and you won't notice any looseness in the shoulder strap as they will have tension as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom