Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only used one vest-style BC doing warm water dives. After reading this thread, I decided that it is time to try this lighter rig and see what all of the excitement is about. It has been ordered, waiting on Santa now.

Based on the suggestions on this thread, I purchased a 2-inch crotch strap, but not sure that I've ever seen anyone wear one?? I can't visualize how this is supposed to "work". How does it connect to the BC? How to thread it? Pictures would be great! Thanks!

There is a webbing loop with a triglide in the back that the back of the crotch strap attaches though. The webbing goes under the bottom section of the triglide over the center under the top over the top and then back out under the bottom.

The crotch strap will come with a loop and a buckle at the front. The waist belt goes through the loop. I put the loop on mine behind the buckle to save some space and keep it from sliding around.

I will attach some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 344
Claymore, THANKS a ton! That cleared it up in my head. I really appreciate your doing that.

Terry

which 35# bladder did you use??...tia....

EDIT:I read only the 1st & last page of this post---nothing inbetween, if it was discussed there, my bad..

My be a little confusion. On my Scout I have a 35# bladder and on my ET I have the standard 25# one. The ET can be ordered with the 35 bladder if you like and it is the same one as on the Scout. Hence my reply, I use my Scout with the 35 bladder with a drysuit so no reason he can't use the ET with a 35 on it with a dry suit.

I got the standard 24# wing on my ET for travel but use it at home in my 7 mil Farmer John and steel tanks. The 24# wing will not cut it with 22-24# of weight and a steel tank. I put the 44# wing from my Ranger on but I think it is to much wing, I have trouble getting it to vent all the air. I have been on the hunt for a used 35-36# Zeagle wing to put on my ET.

When I bought my ET I thought it would just be a warm water rig and did not know or think far enough ahead to get the 36# to begin with and just use that all the time

I used the Wing Lift Calculator in the sticky at the top of this forum, and came up with a lift requirement over 24# but less than 35# for my situation here in San Diego - 7mm wetsuit over 5/3 hooded vest, HP120 and HP100 steel cylinders, lead @ 20-22#.

So I ordered the ET with a 35# wing. For my needs, the 44# is overkill. I could probably get away with the 24# for warm destinations, but if I can dive it here with the middle choice bladder, so much the better.

I hope it arrives in time to dial it in and use it diving the Hogan next Sunday.

Having read so much on how good the ET is, I am planning to buy one soon. Does anybody has experience in using the ET with a combo octo/inflator ? Ideally I want to get the zeagle octo z, but what about others like Tilos Unite Power Inflator, Air2 etc ?

The octo Z is not a bad Safe Second it allows you to use the threaded coupling to remove the Octo Z and keep it with your regs and hook a garden hose up to the bladder to flush it out.

The Atomic SS1 is widely considered to be the best Safe Second and it attaches to the same threaded coupling as the Octo Z and the Zeagle BX inflator.

The Octo Z and the SS1 use the same LP quick disconnect. If you get the quick disconnect adapter that adapts the Octo Z coupling to a standard inflator coupling you can screw the BX inflator on to the corrugated hose and use that if you want.

I have used the SS1 and personally did not like using one. I felt that it really limited my ability to turn my head to the right and in an air sharing situation breathing from the Safe Second and trying to vent my BC on ascent was just to difficult so I went to a bungied octo and feel much more comfortable using this set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom