Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The custom sizing feature overwhelms any minor nitpicking I have ever had. I also like the ease of swapping wings on the Ranger. I use the Tech wing in cold water and the regular one for warm. The only thing that comes to mind at this moment is that I would prefer a more robust zipper on the accessory pockets (more like the weight pockets) but I don't lose sleep over it and would never hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a back-inflate style BC.

Love my Ranger. Not cheap, but worth every penny. The only thing I would change is a few diveboats whose racks are not perfect for the double band system. Sometimes it's a bit more work with these boats.

Have to echo everyone else's comments.

I have Zeagle BC and reg's/consule ... no complaints at all!

My one regret is not going with the Ranger... I have the Escape... but it is great for travel!

Hmmm, wow what a response.

1. I am now certifiable. yeeehaaaa
2. I am a bigh guy. I weight 290 so your standard vest style xl's don't work very well for me. I am really big around the middle with wide shoulders
3. I want weight integration
4. I will be diving primarily in cold water at dutch springs for the foreseable future with a 7mm farmer john + jacket. I;m not comfortable enough yet to go out in the ocean
6. I was using 41 lbs of weight diving the above..
5. Just used a dui delta back infalte for my checkouts and loved the fit, got used to the back inflate at the surface, and couldn't control my bouyance worth a flip. I somehow managed to mash both the inflater and deflator at the same time. Among other things.
6. Someday I would like to use doubles and a dry suit.

So, I am fairly sure the ranger is for me. Though I am not sure if I need the full 44 lbs of lift or if I can use the brigade.

Though my LDS offered to order me a back inflate besides the dui. He mentioned oms and others. So it wasn/'t exactly a case of buy this thing in stock. Though I am pretty sure I'm not buying a bc from him. Maybe a reg.

Thanks for yall's help
Brent

I just got back into town, and saw this thread.
While I do really like the Zeagle Brigade which I bought from Scuba Toys last month, and put to its first use doing 12 dives in 3 days in Ft. Lauderdale two weeks ago, I DID have a problem, which people might find interesting.
Having been told that I did not need the "yellow thingies", I did not buy them, and just put the 4 pound and 2 pound hardweights (6 lbs each side) directly into my weight pockets as I was shown. Well imagine my surprise when I did my giant stride off the catamaran dive boat, and found that the weights had "ripped out" both sides of my rip cord system, and the weights, not me, plummeted to the bottom. I then could not descend, and had to get back on board the boat, completely re-string both sides of the ripcord system, which thankfully Larry had shown me how to do because I did not have the owner's manual on the boat, and then had to borrow more weights, and pay for the lost weights. Even more aggravating, I then wound up spending the entire weekend diving with a weight belt, which was very uncomfortable under the Brigade.
However, I will say, that everything else on the Brigage did work well, and it was very comfortable, except for that darn weight belt underneath it. There were NO problems with the 3 lb "trim" weights in the back pockets.
I have NO doubt that Larry will check my BC, and that any issues will be handled. Hopefully it will be as getting the yellow thingies.
Tom

Here is the only bad thing I have heard about Zeagles.

Their rip cord weight ditch can be pain to rethread if you are not used to doing it. Most likely this would be a problem if some idiot pulled the red handle just before everyone was jumping into the water off a dive boat.

I doubt that this is a deal killer however. I would have bought one if I didnt go for the bp/w setup. Still might in the future.

Seems I heard about some badly maintained rental BC's having a sticky inflator. Can't recall much else in the way of negative press on here.

The rip chord system takes a little time to re-thread, as stated above. I've only done it once or twice so I'm not exactly an expert. Removing and replacing weights during OW class could be a pain unless they let you remove the weights from the zippers and replace them that way. I dive singles and only have 2# in each front pocket anyway so it's not that big a deal in my setup.

The fit is very adjustable and incredibly comfortable compared to the jacket types I used to rent. I've only had my Brigade for a couple of months but have had zero problems. I've never owned anything else so can't comment on how it shakes out compared to other brands.

Back
Top Bottom