Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sticky inflator is a result of improper user maintenance.

After diving, rinse all gear in fresh water.

Run 1-2 quarts of water into BC bladder--inflate BC.

Slosh the water around inside the bladder.

Hold BC so that inflator hose connection to shoulder is lowest point.

Press POWER inflator button and hold 10 seconds allowing water to flow out through connection nipple.

Press oral inflator button to dump the remainder of the water.

I dive the Ranger and absolutely love it! I now have the Envoy (replacing my Sherwood Blizzard, which is great but bulky) and can't wait to get it wet.. July can't get here quick enough!!

Negatives on my (no longer used for anything but teaching) Ranger:

Weight Pockets tore off after 18 dives (beyond dangerous)

Bladder cover ripped badly at the top (very badly)

Velcro on bands abrade bladder creating large holes.

Snaps come off

D-Rings are not really able to handle large stages

Weight pocket zippers run in the direction that allows the weights to fall out easily (zipper opens from bottom)

The weight pocket zippers and accessory pocket zippers run parallel so you can very easily dump half your weights if you pull the wrong one

The rip cord is red which is just silly

Everything was fixed by them and very kindly.

I stopped using the Ranger when I went technical.

I am sure many will jump defend the Ranger but you asked for negatives and I told you mine.

It's a fine BC for heavy Rec or light Tech.

Plus it has that Ranger logo.

Hmmm I wonder if putting vintager and water into the bladder is a good idea. I am simply suprised since I have done zero ocean diving that it would stikc that easily just on some of the gunk floating at dutch. Your right ice, nothing is perfect.

Hmmm I wonder if putting vintager and water into the bladder is a good idea. I am simply suprised since I have done zero ocean diving that it would stikc that easily just on some of the gunk floating at dutch. Your right ice, nothing is perfect.

Vinegar will both disinfect and help dissolve salt deposits. It won't hurt the fabric.

Poor Maintance is "usually" the cause of a sticky inflator... but damage or a bad casting can also be the cause.

With zero ocean dives, I would doubt the maintance issue.

That is a very easy device to take apart, and very easy to have replaced. One would be hard pressed to come up with a simplier design.

Back
Top Bottom