Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
First of all this is my first post, please be gentle :)

I am posting this because, not to offend anyone...Scott... but my LDS told me that zeagle was not a top brand. This does not make any sense to me considering the large nunber of positive comments about the ranger bc itself, and the unparalleled customer service that zeagle provides, as i have read here and on the internet.

So answer this question, has anyone had any negative experiences with Zeagle and its equipment, or service?
Do you have anything that you don't like on your zeagle bc that you don't like and it could be improved?

I am planning on buying a bc soon and am trying to get as much info as I can, and i keep coming back to the ranger.

Thanks for your help
Brent

Let me guess....he doesn't sell Zeagle, but he just happens to have the best on the market that he can sell you at a really good price??

No negative comments here...love my Zeagle.

jbt:
First of all this is my first post, please be gentle :)

I am posting this because, not to offend anyone...Scott... but my LDS told me that zeagle was not a top brand. This does not make any sense to me considering the large nunber of positive comments about the ranger bc itself, and the unparalleled customer service that zeagle provides, as i have read here and on the internet.

So answer this question, has anyone had any negative experiences with Zeagle and its equipment, or service?
Do you have anything that you don't like on your zeagle bc that you don't like and it could be improved?

I am planning on buying a bc soon and am trying to get as much info as I can, and i keep coming back to the ranger.

Thanks for your help
Brent

I had another brand bc, and it did not fit my diving needs. I bought the Ranger LTD in Feb, it has been the best purchase that I have made. It is ideal for just about every type of diving. I highly recommend the LTD.

I've only been diving for about 8 months and started out with a Zeagle Ranger, I'm still Loving it. I've taken it Ice Diving, twice to Catalina and once to Hawaii. Plus many cold water dives here in Alberta. It is the only item that I have not considered replacing. I've just bought a new set of Regs, I'm on my 2nd Mask, 2nd Exposure Suit, 2nd set of Fins, 3rd set of Gloves, Looking at a New Computer.

It's the one item that I really liked from the start, about a month after buying it I added the optional Lumbar support, and it only got better. Bouyancy, Trim and comfort have never been a Issue with the Ranger.

In all fairness the only other BCD's I've tried have been Cressi and Scubapro, and although they were not that bad, the Ranger was far Superior.

That's my take on Zeagle with my limited Experiance, take it for what it's worth.

BTW, my Dive buddy has the Ranger LTD, no complaints from him either.

I've got a Ranger, just back from using it on Grand Turk. My only complaint is that it's pretty bulky when packing. You could use the version with the smaller wing from Scubatoys to help out in that respect.

No complaints at all underwater. BTW, my DM told me he had a Ranger that lasted for over 3000 dives before wearing out beyond repair.

Welcome to the board.

It may depend on exactly what "a top brand" means, reminds me of what is is. Are they the best made BC's with the best customer service, most likely yes. Are they the top seller or best known worldwide, most likely not.
I have owned Zeagles for quite a while. First a Ranger and later a Scout. I finally sold the Ranger only because 99% of my diving is during travel and hated to see a good BC sit in the closet. It was a good BC, just took up too much room in the suitcase and had more lift than I needed. If you are doing a lot of travel and don't intend to dive doubles any time soon, one of the other Zeagles like the Escape or Brigade may be a better choice than the Ranger IMO.
I also have Zeagle regs which have preformed great.

Brent,

First of all, I have used a ranger LTD for two years now and have never had one complaint. I did quite a lot of shopping around befoe buying the bc and found the ranger to be the best option. I loved the fact that the pockets, while roomy, seemed to disappear to the side when you aren't using them. This makes the bc much more comfortable. Also, I found the pockets easier to access than those that are higher up - my arms just don't bend that way.

One of the other features that truly sets it apart is the component design (i.e.: you can choose each piece in the right size to get the best fit). You can also buy the ranger, and then get a smaller bladder for your travels, without buying a new BC.

I also dive Zeagle regs (ZX/VI primary and Envoy Octo on my pony). They are great. They work well at depth and in cold water. Never had a complaint here either.

Regarding customer service, they are also great. And these days, that is a rarity. I have called and emailed them with questions and they respond quickly and give great advice.

I would suggest buying your gear from scubatoys.com. In my experience they have been extraordinarily accomodating. I wasn't sure if I needed the larger shoulder straps and they walked me through the measurments on the phone - even offered to send me the bigger size to try it out. I think they also offer 10% off to scubaboard members.

All in all, Zeagle is a top brand in my opinion. My other suggestion - get a new LDS fast. The last thing you want in a scuba store is someone misleading you about brands because they don't carry them.

Best,
Scott

Zeagle is a top brand, but as Herman said, how you or your LDS defines TOP is the question?

Zeagles service and support has been outstanding. I've experienced it. I think their product quality meets or exceeds anything I have seen or touched so far.

The basic design of the BC is what distinguishes Zeagle for the others. Modular construction, soft backplate, brilliant integrated weight system, dual tank bands, integrated pockets, 3 dump valves and it's highly adjustable for the perfect fit.

The Ranger is a very flexible BC and therefore, tends to be larger than others. Size is something on the order of a Black Diamond if you've seen those. If you want flexibility; i.e. twin tanks might be in your future, or perhaps drysuits, it might be the best Zeagle for you but otherwise you might be happier with a smaller Zeagle.

Call Joe or Larry at www.ScubaToys.com. They better describe the differences, plusses and minuses to you.

Tell 'em you're a ScubaBoard menber and get a 10% discount.

Lifetime warranty. Interchangeable parts. The Brigade. The Stiletto. The Zena.

Zeagle is THE top brand of BCDs IMO. If I didn't want a BP/W, it's what I would dive for sure. My wife and both my parents have Zeagle's and they are just awesome. There's a Zeagle for every need. LDS owners are pretty bad for advice in my experience, unless they are Joe and Larry :wink: They're always trying to sell you on what they have rather than what you need.

You can't go wrong with a Zeagle. And you can't go wrong with scubaToys for buying a Zeagle. They'll help you size it, swap parts out to get a perfect fit, and easily and quickly make exchanges. Give them a call and chat with them about it. They know Zeagles (see the Brigade).

Cheers :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom