Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Zeagle Tech bc and really like it!!

I don't own Zeagle, but very nearly went with them before I decided to go with a Dive Rite bp/w setup. I've heard nothing but good things about Zeagle, however, here and in the real world. I'd say the LDS in question wanted to push something else for reasons of their pocketbook. "Try the tuna, it's on special today!"

Really I love local shops, no not really. Its always about what THEY sell and not what you need. Just about all the shops here have tried to talk me out of things I wanted and tried to sell me on thier products as being the ONLY way to go. Although its not every shop it seems to be the norm. There is a shop in Boulder City here that has been pretty good but I most likely will only buy from them in the unlikely case they have just what I am looking for and for a decent price. Having worked for bicycle shops in my younger days I witnessed how greedy shops can be leaving true customer service to the dogs. This seems to apply to almost any local store these days.

My best friend and I just purchased our Zeagles recently after extensive research on all the different BC's out there for our needs. After talking to Larry at ScubaToys and recieveing our Zeagle Brigade BC's I could not be happier.

Tully NE:
"They arn't BP/W's." - ScubaBoard
LMAO! Yes, that's probably the worst you're going to hear about Zeagle's BCs here.

Tully NE:
"They arn't BP/W's." - ScubaBoard

I have the Zeagle BP/W, with a Ranger LTD bag - and it is my travel setup. (have a Limited Mares BC for local diving).

Had an inflator leak (faulty casting), and got it quickly replaced without a single issue. Ask Scott a question, and you get an answer. Have a problem and you will get it corrected. Name another company that is that easy to deal with??

Their BC's/BP/W's are built like tanks.

If they are not the top of the quality mountain, what or who is better?

I too have recently purchased a Zeagle BC. I have no regrets. The BC fit my needs perfectly. I like that is has the functions (pockets, d-rings, etc.) that I was looking for within the $$$ range that met my budget. The dives I have used it on, it performed above my expectation.

I also love the fact, that the Zeagle BC I decide on provided me the ability to customize the fit my physique. A great attribute when you body fit outside preconceived ideals. Would not change my BC for anything.

jbt:
First of all this is my first post, please be gentle :)

I am posting this because, not to offend anyone...Scott... but my LDS told me that zeagle was not a top brand. This does not make any sense to me considering the large nunber of positive comments about the ranger bc itself, and the unparalleled customer service that zeagle provides, as i have read here and on the internet.

First off, welcome to the board!!! Secondly, no offense taken. When threads like these pop up, I generally like our chances. :wink:

Like many of the others have said, often times "Brand X isn't a good product" is equal to "I don't sell that, so it sucks - HERE, take a look at this one! (which I just happen to have in stock...)

jbt:
So answer this question, has anyone had any negative experiences with Zeagle and its equipment, or service?
Do you have anything that you don't like on your zeagle bc that you don't like and it could be improved?

Sure people have had problems. As hard as we strive to make a perfect product, it is impossible. Accidents will happen, thread will unravel, something will occasionally be overlooked....it happens. However, I think you will find that if something DOES happen, we will take care of it as quickly as as painlessly (for the customer) as possible.

As for complaints...um...this is the scuba industry, Brent...if some folks couldn't complain when they weren;t diving, they would go insane!!! :wink:

jbt:
I am planning on buying a bc soon and am trying to get as much info as I can, and i keep coming back to the ranger.

Thanks for your help
Brent

What type of diving do you plan to do? KNowing that will help me (or anyone familiar with our products) help guide you in the right direction!!!

Let me know if you need any further assistance, although many of the ScubaBoard members know the product as well as I do, it seems. Often time you will get the perfect answer before I ever see it!!!

Best of luck on your search!!!

Scott

I don't dive a Zeagle so I have no axe to grind.

I've made perhaps a half dozen dives with a Ranger and I found it to be an excellent piece of equipment. I have several friends who dive them and love them.

One of my friends had a problem, it was a seam opening up or some such, and it was taken care of with a loaner from the shop and a new BC from Zeagle in a very quick and professional manner.

If you like it and it seems to work for you I can think of no reason not to get one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom