Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divingguy:
I have NO doubt that Larry will check my BC, and that any issues will be handled. Hopefully it will be as getting the yellow thingies.
Tom
Tom....what exactly are the "yellow thingies?"

I owned a Ranger for 3 years. Two minor complaints...the so-called pockets are next to impossible to reach during a dive and it is rather bulky.

I know dive a DiveRite BPW which cost about the same as the Ranger. Has some advantages - packs totaly flat and fits in my carry on (the Ranger is bulky), also the plate takes 5lbs off your waist and you will probably lose another 1-2 due to the lack of excess material...for a guy who wears 41lbs losing 7 might be very nice - although it will end up on a weight belt - but you can also get extra wights which attach to the plate.

Zeagle's are great and are built very well, you won't go wrong. But if you get the chance check out a BPW.

The trigger grip on the lp inflator hose tend to crack and leak alot.

jbt:
......I weight 290 so your standard vest style xl's don't work very well for me. I am really big around the middle with wide shoulders......41 lbs of weight diving the above.....Brent

I'm also about your size 290 6'3". I have the Brigade from Scubatoys(great folks). The lift of the smaller bladder is fine in warm water( I use 18lb with a 3mm shorty), but when I attempted to try cold water(using 40# with 7mm full suit) diving here at home my opinion was that I needed more lift. I just ordered a Zeagle BP system to which I will be attaching a 44# Ranger bladder.

Besides this, I love the Brigade and my wife loves her Zena!!!!

JodiBB:
The "yellow thingies" are shaped like the weight pocket, and essentially serve as "liners" inside that pocket. Supposedly the solid metal weights are too large to "fall" through the spaces between the rip cords, but nobody ever mentioned sheer impact force of hitting the water as being enough to "push" or force the weights past the rip cords. My hope is that the yellow thingies will distribute the loan more evenly, to keep that from happening again. I really am surprised that nobody else with a Zeagle has ever had this problem before, but I remain hopeful that it is a simple fix.

I am posting this because, not to offend anyone...Scott... but my LDS told me that zeagle was not a top brand...

I'm really fortunate that Scuba Toys is my LDS... I recently outfitted my hard to fit, 5' 2" hot bodied Diva with a new Zeagle Zena... The outstanding fit gave her confidence that only properly fitted gear provides....

I've been diving for a long time myself but was so impressed with her Zeagle that I picked up a Zeagle Brigade that Scuba Toys offers and have been extremely impressed with it. The custom fit is hard to beat. Larry at ScubaToys will go out of his way to make sure that you are properly fitted...

BTW, get the weight holders called "Yellow Thingies," at Scuba Toys, you'll be glad that you did. They help with trim as they have a Velcro pocket that separate your weights and they also make it much easier to reassemble your gear as you can easily remove and replace the yellow bag... Also would make it easy to retrieve your weights if you ever did have to drop them.

Maybe it is because I fly aerobatics and always have a parachute strapped on but I find the rip cord on the Zeagle easy to use, designed well and easy to rethread.... Like any new piece of gear, make sure you understand the proper way to use it before you get in the water and you'll have a lot of fun in our sport....

Enjoy,
Blue Moon

DrSteve:
I owned a Ranger for 3 years. Two minor complaints...the so-called pockets are next to impossible to reach during a dive.........

I think that's odd....... I have the smaller Stiletto and I don't have a problem reaching the pockets and they're located in the same place as on the Ranger. Just reach across your body. Pretty simple really.

Yellow thingies are mesh pockets for weights, makes it handy to pull them out when you need to hand them up on a boat - http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=zeagleweightpocket18

I just used them for the first time in Grand Turk, 6lbs a side, no problem at all. No problem using the pockets either. I've never actually pulled the ripcord so can't say anything about rethreading it. If I need to ditch on the surface (and why would I want to ditch anywhere else?), I'd probably unzip the yellow thingy and just pull the weights out to dump them.

I'm also pretty big, 50" chest, 38" waist, plenty of belly, 240lbs and have no fit problems with my Ranger. OTOH, jacket style BCs are always either too small for my arms and shoulders and the right length or fit my upper body and are too long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom