Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfelliot:
I'm also about your size 290 6'3". I have the Brigade from Scubatoys(great folks). The lift of the smaller bladder is fine in warm water( I use 18lb with a 3mm shorty), but when I attempted to try cold water(using 40# with 7mm full suit) diving here at home my opinion was that I needed more lift. I just ordered a Zeagle BP system to which I will be attaching a 44# Ranger bladder.

Besides this, I love the Brigade and my wife loves her Zena!!!!

Well since I am going to do most of my diving at dutch springs witha 7mm farmer john and the same weight load, it sounds like the brigade is out.

My only complaint at all about my zeagle Brigade is that the side pockets sit a little farther to the rear than I would like, makes quick access difficult when wearing a thicker suit. But they are still quite reachable and I wouldn't trade my BC for anything.

I'm sorry, but that complaint that the ripcord system is hard to thread is an urban myth.....and a bunch of bunk.

I've never been shown how to do it, but after inspecting the system, it took me about 2-3 minutes tops to rethread it myself. The second time it took no longer than 2 minutes, and frankly after spending $25 to replace ONE weight pocket on my husband's SeaQuest BC after it accidentally popped out during a dive, I'll take the Zeagle system any day of the week.

Besides, the day I have to ditch my weights, the last thing I'll care about is the 2 minutes it took me to rethread it after I'm safe on dry land.

Having now had to do it, twice, I agree that re-threading the ripcord is not the problem. However, I am still amazed that nobody else has commented on the unintended loss of hard weights exiting the bottom of the system. Maybe I am the only person who does not yet have the yellow thingies, assuming that they help with that problem in any event. However, to get back to the original question, I like everything else about my Brigage.

I don't agree with your LDS comment about Zeagle BCs..I have used Zeagle BCs,and regulators for years,and find their products,warranties and after sale services to be top notch.Even on this board,its hard to find divers complaining excessively about Zeagle BCs and their regulators especially!Since you're a new diver,I suggest you make your own research thoroughly before being shoved into buying gears that you will regret later.For one,you have come to the right board for advise and research.I learnt the hard way too.......Fredi.

I love my brigade, and as far as the rethread thing goes, I've never "HAD" to do it, but it's a snap. And if you do like most divers I know, you'll learn every inch of your gear, so rethreading is nothing to worry about. I don't have the yellow thingies either, but I don't use anything small in the ditchable pockets. I save my 2 pounders for the trim pockets.

You probably have more infor than you need, but FWIW I have never met a diver who didn't love his/her zeagle.

Divingguy:
Having now had to do it, twice, I agree that re-threading the ripcord is not the problem. However, I am still amazed that nobody else has commented on the unintended loss of hard weights exiting the bottom of the system. Maybe I am the only person who does not yet have the yellow thingies, assuming that they help with that problem in any event. However, to get back to the original question, I like everything else about my Brigage.

Do I remember something in the manual about hard weights...??? Maybe not. I've slipped a 2 pounder in beside the yellow thingie before without a problem but go here http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Zeagle_Accessories.asp?PAGE=2 and solve your problem forever.

The "yellow thingies" are great for an issue unrelated to "accidental" drops through the pocket bottom.

For boat diving, you can easily take the weight bags out of the front pockets and hand them up at the end of the dive if: (1) you want to lighten your BC a bit before climbing up the ladder, or (2) you need to take your BC/tank off in the water. In the latter case, the divemaster or other crew member who has to haul your gear up on the boat (or from the side of an inflateable) will not be cursing you because your weights are still in the BC.

Don Janni:
I think that's odd....... I have the smaller Stiletto and I don't have a problem reaching the pockets and they're located in the same place as on the Ranger. Just reach across your body. Pretty simple really.

I'll second what DrSteve said, having the stiletto as well. The problem isn't necessarily reaching the pockets, but they become much smaller when you have the weight pockets filled with lead.

Diving in freshwater, I almost have pockets to use. When diving dry or in the ocean, carrying a lot of lead in the weight pockets does not leave one a lot of space in the side pocket right next to it.

The Ranger does not have these issues. If I were to do it all over again, though, I'd go with the Ranger instead of the Stiletto.

Irene:
I'll second what DrSteve said, having the stiletto as well. The problem isn't necessarily reaching the pockets, but they become much smaller when you have the weight pockets filled with lead.

Diving in freshwater, I almost have pockets to use. When diving dry or in the ocean, carrying a lot of lead in the weight pockets does not leave one a lot of space in the side pocket right next to it.

The Ranger does not have these issues. If I were to do it all over again, though, I'd go with the Ranger instead of the Stiletto.

I carry the AquaLung Snap snorkle and a large max force retractor, for my computer console, in one pocket and a knife, EMT's and a mirror in the other. I can fit a small slate in there too and it's easy enough to get it in and out even while holding my camera.

Granted, that's diving in warm waters with only a 4 pound weight in each yellow thingie.

Back
Top Bottom