Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used Zeagle for nearly 10 years and it's only lately I have had issues...mostly with the new power inflators. My latest wing/bp combo has issues with a leaky 32# wing and the weight pocket fell appart on a dive in Cozumel in Feb.

For the most part I have used the rangers and still have 2 of them...I will soon be possibly selling them as I will have to part ways with Zeagle.....

If Scott is reading this pm me and I will give you details as to why and I REALLY think you should hear what I have to say...BTW it's not an issue with the product.....

Ron

I had a ranger for awhile. It was a good bcd for what I was doing with it. I didn't like the length of the corrugated hose or the placement of the velcro strap that is designed to keep it in place. Also, the pockets are pretty much worthless. There is also quite a bit of padding which may add a few pounds to your weightbelt.

Other than those very minor complaints, I liked the unit. I eventually sold it at halfprice and went with a golem bp/w which is my favorite rig to date.

I got one.... My Ranger has everything but doesn't have gills AND it does not talk to me! Good Lord! How Zeagle gonna resolve these problems??? :wink:

I would second this. Outside of that it is awesome. I have had it for 3 years, I like the features and how robust it is. I would buy one again as you just can't go wrong

lowwall:
I've got a Ranger, just back from using it on Grand Turk. My only complaint is that it's pretty bulky when packing. You could use the version with the smaller wing from Scubatoys to help out in that respect.

No complaints at all underwater. BTW, my DM told me he had a Ranger that lasted for over 3000 dives before wearing out beyond repair.

Our LDS bought enough Techs to cover their rental and training programs they believe in them so much. Rugged, put up with constant use and abuse, holds up in daily douses in pool water, easy to get all the students fitted, can carry tons of weight for new divers who need the usual amount for diving in a 2 piece 7mm plus room for their anxiety allotment, and easy to maintain.

A side benefit to tons of lift was during surface activity some locations require we remove our BC's to get out of the water and if we inflate the bladder fully the tanks and BC don't drop to the bottom. That has happened with other models and other brands and the instructor has to go back after them, and he doesn't like that. :)

The shop recently went to another brand, and after 6 months they made the decision and are accepting shipment for new zeagles as we speak.

Got a Zeagle Escape because I travel alot. Besides the Zeagle name looks cooler than anyone elses. Ya got to look cool on that dive boat

Thank you ebveryone for your help. I am now the prowd owner of a zeagle ranger + a zeagle flathead 6. I won't be buying anything for a while, no more money.

I have a suggestion for scott on the rip cord system. Why not put a small downloadable video on how to thread it on the web site.

Some things I have found out.

1. Hard to vent air sometimes, fix is drop your right shoulder if your swimming horiz, or use the remote pull dump if your vertical.

2. Weight pockets are easily confused with gear pockets, Zeagle reversed the zippers so that you know which is which by the way it zips, front to back or back to front.

3. Weight slips through the rip cord system., use the yellow thingies, or anything bigger than 2 lb should be fine.

4. Sticking inflator buttons from salt water, rinse inside of bladder with fresh water, hang upside down, drain through the deflator hose.

Thanks everyone foir your input. I can't wait to get my new gear wet.

Brent

Good idea on the video. Even those of us that have dial up could handle that.

Here is one way that I remember what zipper pull I am looking for. If I pull it up and something was to fall out it will go down. But if I pull it down and something was to fall out, something (ME) is going up.

BTW, congrats on the new dive gear.

The Public Service Dive Team I am on uses Zeagle Rangers exclusively and we have never had a problem. Reliable and tough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom