Zeagle brand bc's any negative comments any at all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tsalagi -

Without writing a book here, I will address your comment...

We do produce BCs, regulators and many other products in Zephyrhills, FL - as many people who have toured the factory here can attest. However, we do have some components sewn offshore.

The simple truth is, we cannot produce enough parts here in Florida to meet our customers demands. Unfortunately, sewing is a lost art in the USA. As the current sewing people get older and retire, it becomes increasingly harder to replace them. In the "old days" sewing was a skill that was passed on from generation to generation, but that rarely happens today...

That being said, the reason that we can do custom colored BCs, add additional d-rings and accessories, etc. is the simple fact that we have a sewing factory here is Florida. Many, many BCs are made here in the Zeagle factory each year - and have been for over 20 years.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, point well taken. These days a good seemstress is about as hard to find as a good blacksmith. I do want to reiterate the BC has been great with no problems at all. From a performance perspective I am very happy customer. Just pointing out the only detractor I could find with the BC.

BTW, are some models more likely to be produced overseas or is it just some parts (padding, harness, etc)?

Right now we are bringing in some parts and components of the standard BCs, and making many of them here as well.

The Zeagle factory is working full bore to produce as many BCs as possible here in Florida!!!!

We did extensive sampling and field testing before bringing in any offshore components - done over a 3 year period. We did not rush into anything, and made sure that the parts produced overseas were as good or better than the ones we are making "in house". We stand by the lifetime warranty on the BC and its components - regardless of where it was sewn!

Thanks,

Scott

Zealge Ranger LTD, It rocks if you want a tough and comfortable BC for travel and it can support a 100 steel tank, try the Zeagle Stiletto. Love it.

I love my Zeagle Tech!!!

Guys this thread is almost a year old. :D

I still love my Brigade and NOW my BP/W.

My vest style Sherwood is sitting in the closet collecting dust.
I have an older Zeagle 7200 that works better than any BC I've tried so far.
It also packs small and travels light.

I have been diving for about12-13 years now I own two Zeagle bcds . My other 3 dive buddies also use the Zeagle Rangers . My thoughts are you cant go wrong with Zeagle the best piece of dive gear I own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom