You're doing it WRONG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my snorkle while waiting for others to get in the water. If they are going to be awhile I pop my mask on me forehead and kick back to enjoy the sun.

If anyone doesn't like it, to bad! If anyone is dumb enought to "ask" if I need help, my standard response is "yea, if your gonna make me wait another 5 minutes toss me a Maragrita".

Walter:
We all have two mask containers with us all the time. I always store my mask in the foot pocket of my fin. Takes up less space in the gear bag, it's always handy and it protects the mask.

I use black rubber fins, and a clear silicone mask. Storing my mask in the foot pocket of my fins turns it a lovely shade of yellow brown, as the black color leaches into the silicone.

I prefer to use a mask case, and for me there are always spares, as someone always seems to be leaving one behind on the boat.

Aloha Turtleguy

I stopped wearing my mask on my forehead beacause I once had it slip off my head and shatter all over the deck of the dive boat. It was a Tusa Visualator so there was quite a bit of glass, that was fun to try and clean up.

Learned my lesson that day. I didn't have my backup mask with me that day. Luckily my buddy had an extra.

Turtleguy:
I use black rubber fins, and a clear silicone mask. Storing my mask in the foot pocket of my fins turns it a lovely shade of yellow brown, as the black color leaches into the silicone.

Clear silicone turns yellow anyway. If it's in a black rubber fin, it turns yellow in a matter of weeks or months... If it's kept in a case, it turns yellow in a matter of months or years.

But it still turns yellow either way.

...Which is the number one reason why many people choose black masks. It's not that they don't turn yellow too - they do - it's just that you can't tell if the silicone is black to begin with. :D

dazedone:
I stopped wearing my mask on my forehead beacause I once had it slip off my head and shatter all over the deck of the dive boat. It was a Tusa Visualator so there was quite a bit of glass, that was fun to try and clean up.

The Tusa Visualator doesn't use tempered glass?

I recommend pulling the mask DOWN instead of putting it UP on your head when you don't need it. They make better necklaces than hats when not in use - and they don't fall on the deck of the boat.

Often I'll pull mine down during surface interval and then turn it around to the back of my neck so it doesn't impede me looking down. Works great.

When I'm done diving and I'm doffing gear, it goes in the foot pocket of my fin.

When I'm get back from the dive trip and have rinsed, cleaned, and dried my gear, it goes into it's mask case where it spends it's life ready for the next dive.

I know I'm really diving a lot when I haven't used the mask case in a month or more. :D

I would say I probably own $50,000 in dive equipment and don't own one snorkel. I see no sense in them except for snorkling. I don't snorkel if I can help it.

If putting your mask on your forehead is so wrong what is the proper position for a FF?

Gary D.

SeaJay:

Dive the conditions we do and you will be ordering one, or two, from Ebay :wink:

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom