You're doing it WRONG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
Hehehe - this oughta be good :D
Fuel, oil, sewage, sifting the bottom muck for decomposed body parts, bloody accidents. Stuff like that.

Gary D.

Well... I guess you haven't heard about SeaJay's world record pool dive then have you. I can imagine he will be experiencing all of that and more.

Except for the fuel and oil that is. :D

Uncle Pug:
Well... I guess you haven't heard about SeaJay's world record pool dive then have you. I can imagine he will be experiencing all of that and more.

hehehehe

Saw a very expensive one fall off a guys noggin into 140' of water while he was climbing aboard the boat. To make matters worse it was a prescription mask and the first of three dives for the day. Ooooops...

Uncle Pug:

Heh. :D

Now, now, UP, no making fun of my dive. :D

Gary, I am a rescue diver for the Marine Rescue Squadron here in Beaufort, SC... Diving in "those conditions" for me is common.

You must be a rescue diver too...?

Just checked your profile, Gary... I see that you're a retired Navy diver - how very cool. I also see that you're a deputy sheriff... I take it that you're a diver for the department.

Here, the sheriff's department does not bother having it's own dive team - that's our job. MRS is First Response for both the U.S. Coast Guard and 911 when the issue is water-related.

...So yes, I suspect that we dive in very similar situations.

I can't bear to have something pushing on my trachea. Hy husband knows that the one place he can't touch me is the front of the neck:wink:. So I am extremely uncomfortable with the mask at the neck. At surface, I put it on the front for brief moments if want to look at something without it, then on the eyes again.
To put it on the neck would make me panic!
If I wanted to stay without mask in the water, it would be on the back of the head, due to the risk to have it slipping.

We arent trained the mask-on-forehead is a sign of distress. A dive in distress could be seen coughing, yelling, thrashing about, ripping their gear off, ripping buddies gear off or putting the mask on the forehead..... OR pulling it off their face onto their neck.

Mask position isnt really an indication of anything.

FWIW i tend to pull mask onto my neck but do occasionally stick it on my head depending what im trying to do. When sitting on the tubes fully kitted up waiting to roll in its always on my forehead as its easier to slide into place and adjust the hood.

OH yeah, im also left handed but have a pouch belt i cant alter the buckle on so its a right hand release. Abroad when i hired a belt i stuck the buckle to left hand release and also got "told off" by one of the crew about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom