• Deep

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Wreck

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI:
deep ice, just another deep dive but through a hole.

Its just too expensive to buy all that ice... I dont understand how you guys can afford it..

cancun mark:
Its just too expensive to buy all that ice... I dont understand how you guys can afford it..

I tried but the ice machine kept breaking down and the Tampa Bay Lightning at the St Pete Times Forum would get mad if I took theirs

texdiveguy:
Just curious.........thanks

How would advanced nitrox/deco fit into that, if at all?

Before you know it you're going to land back on the question "what is a tek dive".

And what percentage of your dives need to be tek to justify calling yourself a "tek" diver?

R..

Diver0001:
Hmmmm... Around here the ice tends to float. :)

R..
Generally yea....

But if you've ever actually seen bottom ice... it's definately facinating. I've only seen it once. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I think it forms around the rocks and foliage on the bottom and that prevents it from rising to the surface. It's definately one of those things that cause you to cock your head and re-examine if you should be adding helium to even shallower mixes!

Spectre:
But if you've ever actually seen bottom ice... it's definately facinating. !

The only time I ever saw bottom ice was when I sat for too long on a chair lift during a storm, and there was NOTHING fascinating about that.

actually, it is a good thing that ice floats, if it didnt, it would pre-empt the existence of life on earth by creating a snowball planet.

I think he is talikng about Ice that has a sort of water fall look to it. Ice that forms from the top surface ice and joins to the bottom like water coming down a waterfall It is really cool

Are we still on topic?

GDI:
I think he is talikng about Ice that has a sort of water fall look to it. Ice that forms from the top surface ice and joins to the bottom like water coming down a waterfall It is really cool

Are we still on topic?

Wow, where did you see that? It sounds really cool.

R..

Spectre:
Generally yea....

But if you've ever actually seen bottom ice... it's definately facinating. I've only seen it once. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I think it forms around the rocks and foliage on the bottom and that prevents it from rising to the surface. It's definately one of those things that cause you to cock your head and re-examine if you should be adding helium to even shallower mixes!

To address the last few posts about ice, check this out: http://scilib.ucsd.edu/sio/nsf/

It is really cool. It also gives an explanation for how bottom ice (anchor ice) forms or stalactites form. The photos certainly make me interested in ice diving.

Cheers,
Bill.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom