• Deep

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Wreck

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious.........thanks

You shoud have given multiple options. I started off doing cave, then deep caves, then moved on to deep wrecks. I teach it all and am equally proficient in them, so.....

chickdiver:
I started off doing cave, then deep caves, then moved on to deep wrecks. I teach it all and am equally proficient in them, so.....

(Sigh...........I think Im in love...........)

I gotta second Heather's comments. Also, what do you define as 'deep'? I can guarantee what she considers 'not deep' is a hell of a lot deeper than most of us would consider 'not deep'.

And Mark.... I already called 'dibs'! :wink:

ChickDiver has a point.

I teach caves, deco, wrecks,ice and deep I dive caves, wrecks, deep, Ice, deep wrecks, deep caves and deep ice.

Hey guys not being a tek diver myself was just interested in knowing a bit more in terms of the most popular specialty.....I knew many of you are multi tallented but was just wanting your favorite or most active specialty. ** I am in the "other" group....I think I am specializing in fresh water diving/green water that is, in that I still have not done any blue water dives yet--lol!

texdiveguy:
Hey guys not being a tek diver myself was just interested in knowing a bit more in terms of the most popular specialty.....I knew many of you are multi tallented but was just wanting your favorite or most active specialty. ** I am in the "other" group....I think I am specializing in fresh water diving/green water that is, in that I still have not done any blue water dives yet--lol!

Well- phrased this way, it's a much easier question to answer. I like different types of diving (wreck, cave, deep stuff) for a lot of different reasons. Cave diving, especially deep cave diving, is a planning and logistical challenge. Wrecks are just flat out cool (I have a background in history/ archaeology), and to see the more pristine or unique ones, often means going deep. Some years I am more active in one than the other, a lot of that depends on weather, locations and what my friends are doing!

Where's cyber-diver... that's a very popular specialty around here... and for me lately :banghead:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom