your recomendations on how money is best spent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chatfouz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i am in need of a new computer. i lost mine. i have narrowed it down to two choices.

there is a local selling the OCEANIC HUD MASK for 650$, aparently he is in need to make rent.

and the much cheaper Uwatec Aladin Smart Com, Air/Nitrox, Air Integrated Console i found used for 200.

it is a big price difference, especially for a college student who lives off of 400$ a month.

they both do what i want (to the best of my knowledge)
both are AI
both give PSI

I do volunteer with the local search and recovery team, why i am concidering the HUD. in black water conditions the more i can keep my hands out looking for a victim and not messing with consoles or 2 hands to unclip sounds GREAT! But for a 400$ price difference i could also get a pair of fins, extra lights, and still save some$

i have the money. Its just im not sure if its worth the 400$ difference. Would yall think this is worth the price difference? or am i being sucked in by the coolness factor? (wouldn't be the first time, I somehow find myself with dreadlocks and don't know why...)

Do you think you can read the Uwateck-Aladin.
In S&R the Hud would be the better choice IMO.

the price is real good for the datamask i have a datamask and like it a lot ..some divers don't like it ...i still use a analog as well if you do get the mask be shure it has the data cable for the pc interface or you'll have to buy one for 100 bucks but if your still trying to build your "gear locker" then the other choice is the correct move imho but the hud is sweet in zero viz like anything it's a piece of gear ..it may not be the correct tool for the job make shure it fits your face also are the battery's still good ?

If the mask fits and works, that's a great deal.

Just to let you know the smart com battery is around $200 I think with out the batteries for life warranty. I have had a smart com for 5 years and have replaced the batteries 3x and I don't even use it every dive.

What does your team think about it? For that kind of diving, I would expect you to be looking for a full face mask.

yeah ...a full face will help keep off the leeches too ....!!!!!!!!!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom