Your favourite second stage and *why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I put in a vote for the Tekna T2100. No, not the B or BX but the original brass body T2100. It was a performer at depth though it could stutter at 20 feet or less. I enjoyed mine. Small, light, side exhaust, pneumatic servo operated, what is not to love. And it came with a Mark V clone first stage that was better than the Mark V, better chrome, stainless turret screw too and parts compatible.

That is a (40 yo NIB) Tekna Mark V clone there driving a Jetstream, in many ways so similar to the Tekna T2100:

So by default I guess I am throwing in a vote for the Jetstream because it has a side exhaust, is tilt valve pneumatic servo operated and can flow an awful lot of air when requested to do so.

You cannot herd cats, everyone knows that :wink:.
I like to fill my life with exercises in futility, keeps me busy.

I like the Mares Dual. But this crew got me to try the G260 and I really like it. Now I'm going to have to try the D420 or C370.

I still like my Scuba Max doubles set I got from Cave Adventurers in 2008. First adjustable second stage I had owned, and were great breathers.

DW

What do you like about the Mares? How would you compare breathing between the Mares and G260? Cheers.
Great question, my Duals are on a 28X regulator, I use them for assisting in OW classes and some dive guiding around the lake. I've got around 80-90 dives on my primary dual adj. They breath very easy even down to around 90 feet in 55 degree freshwater. I usually keep them at the highest cracking pressure, but they breath easy and I can usually get a .5 or so SAC rate out of them. Plus the fact that you can get them at a really good price, the OCTO version goes for around 170 USD. I'm not going to tell you the Dual "is as good as", but it gives good service for its low price and light weight.

That said the 260 is noticeably different. I have it on a MK19. The 260 feels like it moves alot more air and may be easier to breath. I recently got the G260 based on comments I've read on this board and its price point. It took me a little time to get used to the 260 and I really enjoy diving it. I haven't used it as mush as my Duals yet so my opnion of it while high is not as well informed. On paper the 260 is heavier then then the dual, but in use it's not noticeable. The 260 is noticably larger then the dual when I put my hand over it during entry.

I'm new here and to diving so I don't have any input but this thread is great since I'm in the market for my first rig.

Seems like the G260 is the favorite; based on my internet searches I was going to get a MK25/A700 setup but based on all your experiences I'll be getting a G260.

I'm primarily going to be diving locally in California and occasionally travel to warm water destinations. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

~Mor

I'm new here and to diving so I don't have any input but this thread is great since I'm in the market for my first rig.

Seems like the G260 is the favorite; based on my internet searches I was going to get a MK25/A700 setup but based on all your experiences I'll be getting a G260.

I'm primarily going to be diving locally in California and occasionally travel to warm water destinations. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

~Mor
Personal opinion, I don't rate the A700 at all. IMO the G260 is a far superior second stage.

Welcome and I wish you well on your dive journey. You need any help with anything feel free to DM me or post your questions here as it helps others too.

(MK17/G260)

but based on all your experiences I'll be getting a G260.
And the other 2nd stage is?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom