Your favourite second stage and *why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have BPD and an associated tendency to split, one foot wrong and it'll all be over for the C370.

(It's my thread😁)

Guess I've done around 20 dives on mine now, we are still in the passion phase of the relationship.

You haven't started to cheat on it yet?

I'm new here and to diving so I don't have any input but this thread is great since I'm in the market for my first rig.

Seems like the G260 is the favorite; based on my internet searches I was going to get a MK25/A700 setup but based on all your experiences I'll be getting a G260.

I'm primarily going to be diving locally in California and occasionally travel to warm water destinations. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

~Mor
Don’t listen to the piston haters, the MK25 will work fantastic for California waters.
The G260 is fantastic too. I don’t have one but if I was to buy a new second that would be it.
I already have too much stuff, and besides I’m old and crusty so my old and crusty gear fits my personality perfectly. But it is mostly all Scubapro, and some old Conshelf stuff.
But my LDS sells mostly MK25 to local divers (actually most divers) over the diaphragm regs for some reason.
Pistons just need to be rinsed well and soaked to get the salt out of the ambient chamber. I keep mine on a tank and pressurized to soak it. After it’s been soaking a while I take the hose or spray bottle and hold it up to the ambient holes and purge fresh water through. You do that and you will never have a problem. I bought a 2’x3’ metal water trough (Behlen Country livestock).
Sorry, one more cat loose, sorry for the drift away from second stage talk but the first is connected by a hose so it’s related.

Best secondary, R190 maybe?:

Light weight, very reliable, simple to adjust and maintain, low parts count. And it has the S!

Don’t listen to the piston haters, the MK25 will work fantastic for California waters.
The G260 is fantastic too. I don’t have one but if I was to buy a new second that would be it.
I already have too much stuff, and besides I’m old and crusty so my old and crusty gear fits my personality perfectly. But it is mostly all Scubapro, and some old Conshelf stuff.
But my LDS sells mostly MK25 to local divers (actually most divers) over the diaphragm regs for some reason.
Pistons just need to be rinsed well and soaked to get the salt out of the ambient chamber. I keep mine on a tank and pressurized to soak it. After it’s been soaking a while I take the hose or spray bottle and hold it up to the ambient holes and purge fresh water through. You do that and you will never have a problem. I bought a 2’x3’ metal water trough (Behlen Country livestock).
Sorry, one more cat loose, sorry for the drift away from second stage talk but the first is connected by a hose so it’s related.
I have no issues with drifts on threads I start, makes it both more interesting and often more amusing. Have at it, go wild.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom