You know you're a real diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex, you live in an area where you can take one of the best classes in the world. Call LA County and ask about their SCUBA program.

WWW™

thank u all for your help everyone-

WALTER- - who or where I can call in LA County- are u referring to city hall or where? please give me a little more info- i appreciate all your help.

huggybear is the nickname my niece gave me- i dont know where she got it from but i like it.

your close brought a ;-( reminder of our missing One and Only, The Thunder from Down Under The Gasman. Has anyone heard from,seen or otherwise know the whereabouts of our humourous friend?

BTW HuggyBear welcome to the boards. Keep us posted on your journey learning to dive. If my :confused: memory serves, LA county had the first organized SCUBA training program in the nation. A response I believe to numerous rescues that had to be performed once people started SCUBA diving. I think all programs came from that beginning.

jbd - Gasman is back, or at least he made a brief appearance in Introductions & Greets earlier... I expect we'll be seeing him around more often soon enough.

Rejoice! The Gasman Returneth....

:)

Not the city, the county. Los Angeles County Parks and Recreation Department Underwater Program is you you need to contact. Their website is down for now when it comes back up, you'll find it at http://www.lascuba.com/.

Good luck.

WWW™

Hey there HuggydOOd, I'm in San Diego. There are plenty of Sport Chalet's up your way that you can walk into to gain info on classes. They have plenty of schedules available. If you'd like to tell me where in LA you are, I can help you pinpoint the right location and even the instrutor. Always here to help dOOd, lemme know.

1. Removed the rod from your “J valve” and smashed the catchall holder on the tank strap.
2. Silicone glued the nose purge on your facemask because it kept leaking.
3. Thought you were styling because you had a horse collar BC with a new power inflator and dump valve.
4. Taped up your fin straps and wore your knife on the inside of your leg so kelp wouldn’t get caught.
5. Still have your well used double hose regulator.
6. Stopped using Voit shoe fins when USD came out with “Rocket Fins.” Also start using booties! :loopy:

You know you are a real diver when you show up for a dive, set out your gear and then realize you don't have any air.OOPs, was that embarrassing when I did that today. Lucky my LDS instructor was with me, nice guy he went back up to the dive shop and brought me a tank to use. Or when you walk down the boat ramp to wet your BC, slip and fall into the water (before in wetsuit of course), stand up and with a smile proclaim waters great, a little chill to it think wetsuits will be needed. Yep, did that today too. :)

Bottoms Up...Bubbles Up!!!
Cindy

Hey hey hey!

You can *STILL* buy *NEW* 2 hose regulators and horse collar bc's.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom